What Deodorant are you using right Now?

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by TraderJoe, Jul 18, 2007.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I like the smell of wet penguin. So there! :p

offroad64 likes this.
  2. offroad64

offroad64 a shoulder to cry on

Don't get me wrong I too like the smell of wet penguin. I just like this smell better:happy088:

3. richgem

"Pit thorn: Better than the smell of a wet penguin. But, twice as painful."

4. offroad64

I guess a penguin is softer. Not nearly as practical though. I put my pit stick on and it stays put. A penguin on the other hand:whacky011:

5. richgem

A good point. Plus, you really can't snuggle a penguin under your arm all day once you get past about age 5 or so.

6. offroad64

Well you could but people may look at you like you have some sort of problem:cool:

richgem likes this.
  7. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Burt's Bees, but I am looking to change. I have sensitive skin in my pits, so I have to be selective.

8. offroad64

Have you tried an alum block. Some people have great success with them.

9. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I tried alum years ago and it did not irritate, but it didn't do anything else, either.

10. richgem

It takes a few days for alum to be effective / for your body to adjust. It may not have worked for you for that reason. Or, it just might not work for you period. Applying it immediately after showering helps a lot as alum serves to keep stink-inducing bacteria from growing, but it' s not as effective once the bacteria is already there.

11. droberts0503

droberts0503 Well-Known Member

Does anyone make their own? I've been using homemade for a few months and it's been OK. The recipe is easy, 1/4 cup corn starch, 1/4 cup baking soda, 1/4 cup coconut oil and then whatever scents you want, I go for peppermint, lime and lemon. I wouldn't say it is fantastic but for something so simple it does a good job most of the time. I'm thinking about trying a new recipe that contains probiotics, bentonite clay, cocoa and shea butter, beeswax and some other things. However, all those things cost money and aren't easy to get in small quantities for a test batch so I may be slowly tinkering with the base recipe I have.

12. offroad64

How do you apply it?

13. droberts0503

droberts0503 Well-Known Member

I actually took a couple of empty stick deodorants, cleaned them up and poured it into them. It kind of works but in the heat of summer it was a bit runny. I found it easiest to either apply some and rub it in with my hand or just scoop some and rub it on. I had a small tester in a tub and just used my finger. I have a feeling that this recipe at least would be good for people who either have no or very little under arm hair since hair does cause some problems.

14. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I just bought some of this today. So far, so good. It smells great. Soapwalla deodorant cream.
    image.jpg

15. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

...and now I'm getting a rash from it. I switched to my alum block and that cleared up the rash.

16. offroad64

Have you thought about giving an enzyme deodorant a try? There is one I keep seeing on The Italian Barber that is always sold out by pedal pushers. In stock going to order.

Tdmsu likes this.
  17. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I think I might do that. HTGAM also makes one like that.

18. FanofAceVentura

FanofAceVentura Well-Known Member

Dove men + care antiperspirant + deoderant

19. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Something that was at sale at Safeways for 1.95

See, I need to save mah money for dem razors :)

PatrickA51 likes this.
  20. FanofAceVentura

FanofAceVentura Well-Known Member

lol antiperspirant and a straight razor is the way :)