What Deodorant are you using right Now?

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by TraderJoe, Jul 18, 2007.

1. murchmb

murchmb Member

Mitchum roll on.

2. skybum02

skybum02 New Member

I use the crystal stick deodorant. I love it. No more funny overwhelming scents from the other antiperspirant / deodorant sticks... this allows me to wear my cologne or aftershave and not clash scents. I will never go back to anything else.

3. stephen732

stephen732 New Member

normally i use mennen's musk speed stick but it was out of stock when i went shopping. so i picked up mennen's ocean surf speed stick and its not so bad. it has less alcohol so it does not sting as much and then scent is ok, however i'm a musk scent fool

4. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Welcome to The Shave Den, skybum02 and stephen732!!

5. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

If you like Musk, you might like English Leather.

They have a newly-formated Deo stick that is made with glycerin instead of PG.

Works and smells great

6. redorchestra

redorchestra New Member

Alum Block, the very same one I use on my face.
    I'll stop if someone tells me my breath is like an armpit.

7. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

I didnt want to be the first to tell you but....

8. michaelskar

michaelskar New Member

I'm using the regular Tom's of Maine Honeysuckle rose deo...this is not the "all day" extra strength one (as it burned quite a bit). I find the "regular strength" one to work just fine and no irritation.

9. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Are these all Deodorants......or Deodorants and Antipersprints...

Cant go without a Antipersprint

10. Will

Will Nevermind

You would be suprised.

11. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Agreed.

If you "come-off" being an antiperspirant user, and switch to deodorant user....you will sweat like a stuffed pig and smell like a wildabeast for a while.....but eventually after all the toxin buildup is released it will calm down to a controllable level

If you decide to make the switch, I recommend you do it in the winter

12. Will

Will Nevermind

+1

When I went to the ALUM, I thought oh this stuff is junk, but under advice I stuck with it. a week later, no stink, no sweat. :cool:

13. Well, I didn't think I'd do this, being an Old Spice fan and all ... but ...

I've dropped Old Spice as my deodorant of choice. Awesome scent but it provides absolutely zero protection against underarm odor. I couldn't even get 5 hours out of it. I'd smell my pits 5 hours after application just to see if it was doing it's job and NOPE - it's sleeping on the job! This testing went on for a couple of weeks so I definately gave it a chance. Had to fire Old Spice and bring in something new.

I've tried so many deodorants that I think I can honestly say that I've tried all of them (at least all the ones that are available in the local grocery or drug store). Up until now, I have found NO deodorant that completely protects against odor for a full 8 hours - it simply just didn't exist. I would always have to re-apply later in the day - without fail. Until I tried this ......

Mitchum Smart Solid. This stuff is unbelievably effective. Lasts 8 hrs and then some. I can go into the following morning, smell my underarms and STILL not smell any odor! That, to me, is unbelievable performance. Geez, I sound like a commercial. I finally found a deodorant that does it's job - I can sleep now! There's no white dust or flakiness with this solid either ... it goes on totally smooth. This stuff ROCKS.

Highly recommended. Although, deodorant is definately a YMMV kind of thing.

Attached Files:

14. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Yeah, I think that 5 hours is probably the most that stuff can do. A shame really, cuz it smells great.

What you probably could do though is put that Mitchum on (unscented?) then throw a swipe of the Old Spice on for the flava ;)

Back to Aubrey Organics Pine Needle Deo Spray for me ::

15. Yep, I went with Unscented so a thin layer of Old Spice might provide a little extra somethin' somethin' :D

16. michaelskar

michaelskar New Member

after using this one exclusively for the last 2 months or so, I found it starting stinging/irritating/etc.

I have since started using Mitchum's new "sensitive skin", fragrance free gel...it wiorks great so far, and the irritation disappeared in a day. For now, Long live the mitchum!

17. sleslie

sleslie New Member

I switched to the crystal deoderant because i was tired of the aluminum salts in the antiperspirants ruining my shirts with stains. I also never really found one that worked very well for me.

18. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Welcome to The Shave Den, sleslie!

19. Sejanus

Sejanus New Member

Welcome sleslie!

I use Crystal Deodorant and I love the stuff. Great results and all natural.