What do I take?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by madmedic, Feb 5, 2007.

1. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

OK....it's a few months away yet.....but I will be going away on a "trip" somewhere very hot. Last time I was away, I was not a hobby shaver and I have to confess....I used an electric. Water was allegedly in short supply, and I just wanted a shave.to keep me out of trouble. Since I came back....I have seen the light...but I have a problem. I have so much shaving gear and will only have a small "comfy" box.which has to contain all of my luxuries to last me my 6 month absence.As I am unaccustomed to high temperatures at home...all suggestions for warm weather shaving are welcomed. I have to take it with me......as our own PX type shop only sells "canned goo"
    Suggestions please for soaps, creams, "et al" Sad person that I am.....this what occurred to me first!

2. SSLSTudio...

SSLSTudio... Forum Debugger

ID stock up plenty on Erasmic sticks take two that will last you for 6 months alone I think even 1 stick will but you dont want to risk it. take 1 tube of Ingram that will cool you down for that hot weather. Tabac Stick if you can get it in the UK. brush ? take your favorite with you 6 months is a looooong way from your Shave Den I would not settle for a travel el CHEAPO brush.
    I woudl decant some of my fav. cologne into 7ml atomisers. plastic ones that way no worries on breaking.if there is a particular cream you like and its not too big take it . oh offcourse take the VGH shave stick aswell. you dont need the bowl then. saves some room... aftershaves 2 of your fav. you cant leave behind the Anherbs one of the two if room is really tight. for the finishing menthol touch that will really cool you in hot weather.. remember it gets hot in INDIA they didnt make those products like that for a reason.
    plenty of DE blades.

Hope you get the idea now........

3. Truckman

Truckman New Member

Any mentholated product would be good. Ingrams, Palmolive Menthol Cool, Godrej Menthol Mist, TSD Subzero....

If you have time, pick up some menthol crystals and mentholize your favorite A/S.

Hope you had a good trip! ;) :D

4. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

I vote for mama bear shave soap.

5. Mordecai

Mordecai New Member

There's only like 210 of 'em, care to narrow it down a bit?

6. Adeptus_Minor

Adeptus_Minor Active Member

I took an Arko stick on my last trip, but I'm not sure I'd recommend it for hot, dry weather.
    It might have been just that one time, but it seemed to dry my face a bit much in a low humidity situation.

Also, if you get there and decide you need another product, I imagine someone here at the Den would be glad to mail you something. :happy088

fram773 likes this.
  7. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

I hope he actually went on the trip considering he was asking for advice 2 years ago :p

8. Mordecai

Mordecai New Member

:eek::happy102
    Hopefully he made it back!

9. boyextraordinare

boyextraordinare New Member

Jeff Freeze knows more about menthol than most, but I'd take at the very least:

CO Bigelow's Proraso Green SC - so readily available you've no excuse not to get it.

Skin Bracer Green - readily available, more mentholated and better-scented than AV.

II.

Now if you're intending to order online then you've a wider set options options; what follows are mentholated products I've personally tried and enjoyed:

Lebanese Gillette Menthol SC - very mentholated; as far as I'll go.
    Gada Menthol SC - decent.
    Ingrams SC - excellent performer, mildly mentholated.
    444 Splash - helluva menthol kick.
    Floid Vigaroso Splash - more mentholated.
    Alt Innsbruck Splash - as far as I'll go.

III.

Everyone says Osage Rub is crazy. I want to try it for the experience. Pour it all over myself on hot, hot day.

10. boyextraordinare

boyextraordinare New Member

HAHAHAHA

11. Adeptus_Minor

Adeptus_Minor Active Member

Wow... necro post...
    I didn't even look at that. :happy102

12. Truckman

Truckman New Member

:happy102 :happy102 :happy102

TYVM :happy088

Did you actually look at the date, or was it:

I was bored earlier, so I figured I'd bump up the very last post....:rolleyes:

13. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

I actually looked at the date because I know he hasnt posted here in some time.

14. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Yeah, I thought he was back.

Bad Truckman. :rolleyes005

15. Truckman

Truckman New Member

:scared001 :scared003

:scared002 - you know, this smilie is "scared" but to me it looks more like "whoopie!" or "woo-hoo!"

16. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Withdraw my vote Mama Bear and I have had a falling out lately.

17. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I saw Brian here in the Group around Christmas, JoAnna.