What is Next?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Puma, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

Still waiting on the vendor to get back to me regarding this bad Ikon B1 Standard. He has already agreed to a full refund if that is my preference, but he offered to contact Ikon to see if there are any heads available for me as a replacement. I'm pretty sure Ikon is out since that is what their website says, and the sites of several vendors. So what is next? I've been looking at Rockwell 6s, used Asylum Evolutions (as well as a new one that has sold), the B1 Standard, a couple of Weber Polished Heads, PAA Stainless DOC, Charcoal Goods, and Timeless. I currently use an ATT R2 most of the time and an R41 once in a while. I would like to add a third razor to the rotation, but if it doesn't happen those two are good. I really like the ATT. Any thoughts on my list? Am I missing any? I also have a couple of New Types, but I rarely use them. DSCN1062[2].JPG

RaZorBurn123 and Jorvaljr like this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I wish I could help you, but those razors are well beyond my reach.
    inconceivable.jpg

lightcs1776 likes this.
  3. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Well, since I'm a fleamarket hunter, all I can suggest is taking that refund and see if you can come up with a vintage razor. Since I have 4 I'm kind of prejudiced!

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  4. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

Ha ha Jim. If I knew better. Most likely whatever I get will be used. The Ikon would have been an exceptional deal if the razor had been in good shape. Maybe the Rockwell could be a new one.

5. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

I have a couple of New Types. Cool to have something that old that still is in good shape, but I don't care for the shave I get from them. Still, I do walk around the local flea markets and antique shops occasionally looking for something cool. I could see myself getting, and using, a red tip, but there is something about TTO's that is less appealing. A Goodwill would be nice.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  6. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

IMG_0306.JPG '52 Super Speed Black Tip. One of the smoothest razors I have.

Jim99 likes this.
  7. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

I'd suggest an Aristocrat, personally. Much wider handle than the SuperSpeeds, but the same head design. Good hand-feel.

Here's one I picked up for about $10.
    [​IMG]

Puma and RyX like this.
  8. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Ok so if your looking for modern razors. I think:
    1. the evolution . The used ones can be had from $120-$145.
    2. the Oristo razor can be currently purchased for $150 through massdrop. Possibly $99
    3. Above the tie razors through bullgoose are on sale. I think $150

9. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

I hadn't heard of that one. Thanks.

10. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

If you can get a Weber id go for it. Have you thought about an iKon Tech? Pretty aggressive razor IMO.

Puma likes this.
  11. Redrooster

Redrooster Member

Spend 10 bucks get the futur clone 9 razors in one some folks say.or if you like the att razors just get another head.Ive got the att m2 and an att single edge both superb.sammy.

Puma likes this.