what is the best?

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by Chiranjit Bose, Apr 4, 2013.

1. still no luck in finding a heavy metal DE..... All the shops here have got plastic gillette and supermax DE razors

2. Raven312

Raven312 Well-Known Member

Chiranjit, PM me your address. I have a Gillette Super Speed that I was going to put on Ebay. I can't think of a better use for it than a PIF to you. It was made in 1965, more than twice your age, operates like it was just made and it shined up real nice!

3. Raven312

Chiranjit, there are three pics here: before, in the middle of cleaning / polishing, after finer detailing... 1965  Gillette SS.JPG 2013-04-06 20.32.02.jpg 2013-04-06 21.45.17.jpg

tuxxdk likes this.
  4. looks amazing

5. Raven312

It really turned out nice but I promised my SO that I would find a COUPLE of razors that I really like and stick with only them for 6 months (unless I find something rare that I can't pass up). Since (for now) I have that couple, this one was the one to go. I think you'll really like it, especially since you're looking for a quality Gillette.

6. i'm really looking forward to it

7. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Wow! congratulations Chiranjit Bose....Thats a GREAT razor...and Bravo Raven for the generous offer....I think alot of Chiranjit's problems with nicks will stop with a great razor and a little attention to technique....
    Let us know Chiranjit Bose how you like the Super Speed....I think you are going to fall in love with it....I did...I rediscovered traditional Wet Shaving with one and it gave me the best shaves of my life....:)

Raven312 likes this.
  8. Raven312

I know how that is! It's boxed and ready to go. I'm working late Monday but will try to ship it then. If not, I'll ship it Tuesday afternoon. I'll let you know when it's on the way, either day.

I found another "before" picture, for contrast. 1965  Gillette SS2.jpg 2013-04-06 21.45.17.jpg

9. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

What's the trick for such amazing endresult? Maybe pm if too much off topic.

10. Raven312

I sent you a pm...

tuxxdk likes this.
  11. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Great PIF Raven! Chiranjit, congrats I hope you enjoy your new razor.

Raven312 likes this.
  12. i still cant believe i'm so lucky... Just cant wait to get my hands on them

13. Lexicon Devil

Lexicon Devil the Liberace of shaving

Super Speed is an excellent razor. You will love it. Big ups to Raven for the generous gift.

14. I hope this razor will not let me go to catridges again... :)

15. dimmerswitch

dimmerswitch Active Member

Lucky!!! My super speed is quickly becoming my fave. Don't tell my fatboy!

16. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

:happy096: Raven312 on your generous PIF...:happy088:
    Chiranjit your about to get a really nice vintage razor in excellent condition!! I hope you enjoy it....:) Now all you need is a large blade sample pack,inexpensive but good brush(#6 Horse hair from bestshave is what I use) and a decent shave soap...:signs046: to the addiction.....:)

Lexicon Devil and Raven312 like this.
  17. Raven312

Chiranjit, your razor has left my hands and should be en route soon! I believe you'll get an email from the US Postal Service. Enjoy!

18. many many thanks buddy.... I hope to get it soon... Will let u know wen i get any email :)

19. yeah i have quite a number of new blades... Hoping for d bst....

20. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

That was a totally cool thing you did. +1000

Just curious, but what brands/types of blades are most commonly sold in India? We know of some Indian blades in the US, but it would be interesting to find out what is most popular in your country.

I hope you enjoy your razor!

Raven312 likes this.