What is your favorite travel Shaving Brush

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by SpeedyPC, Jan 31, 2016.

1. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

G'day all,

I'm going away for a while in months time and I'm asking what is your favorite travel brand Shaving Brush that is very reliable for lathering.

Cheers ;)

americanshamrock and macaronus like this.
  2. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    For me, it depends on my travel conditions. If I'm staying for a while and can leave my brush out, I take my Simpson's Wee Scot.

If I'm shaving and packing right away, I take a 24mm synthetic brush, because it will dry in minutes, not hours. I ordered my knot from Chisled Face Groomatorium, though now the same knot (or a whole brush) can be ordered cheaper from Maggard's.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  3. SpeedyPC

I'm thinking of grabbing a Omega 50014 Travel Boar Shaving Brush which is around $20AUD do they always come in the one color black?

macaronus likes this.
  4. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

The Omega travel brush I had (now my son's brush) always did an excellent job! I made a travel can for it out of an old deodorant roller (worked just fine as well!).

My NOS Frederick Dickinson & Gilroys boar and late 1940's Travel King boar both do an excellent job as well. I've got another travel brush which came with a vintage travel kit, but the boar knot isn't great to say the least. I'm a'thinking of replacing it with a synthetic knot.

BigCabDaddy likes this.
  5. BigCabDaddy

BigCabDaddy Well-Known Member

I love boar but I'd go synthetic for travel because of the drying time.

6. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I don't have a travel brush. I take one of my daily drivers on the road. Usually it'll be the Plisson knot that makes the cut.

BigCabDaddy likes this.
  7. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

I have a Semogue boar that's fairly small (1320?). It works just fine and was cheap, just on case...

Although I have to admit I've been prone to use canned goo on trips just for convenience sale.

8. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I haven't had a travel brush yet, but I think I'm going to take one of my synthetics and dedicate it to traveling. Someone on TSD recommended to me to get a large prescription bottle from a pharmacy, drill holes int he top for air, and use that as a brush holder. The synthetics would dry quickly. My trip last month I just took some shave cream (Pacific caffeinated) and hand lathered.

BigCabDaddy likes this.
  9. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

I have a BodyShop sythentic I take for any short travel stays. If I am going to be gone for more than 3 or 4 days, I take my TGN synthetic in a Burma Shave handle.

BigCabDaddy likes this.
  10. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

+1 Agree with BCD here. Quick drying time is a bonus when travelling especially if in a hotter humid climate.

BigCabDaddy likes this.
  11. ARGH

ARGH Well-Known Member

I take a Simpson Chubby 2 in Super if I am shaving.
    Only times during the year I don't shave are hunting, camping, or hiking.

BigCabDaddy likes this.
  12. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

One of these.
    Scanlon_1__42960.1437517895.1280.1280.jpg Grooming_Co_005__30068.1406064897.1280.1280_1___11792__47321.1442092792.1280.1280.jpg

brit, GatorJoe and BigCabDaddy like this.
  13. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I used to take my Wee Scot exclusively, but now I am traveling with my Simpson CH2 Synthetic.

14. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

That Scanlon handle may actually be my favorite of all of my brushes. I'd like to find something similar to put one of the Chiseled Face 28mm knots into.

GatorJoe likes this.
  15. m54daboll

m54daboll Well-Known Member

I use a simple Omega boar. It works great, plus it was only 10 bucks so I don't care if it gets trashed. The handle is just plastic so it does mark up from being shoved into luggage but it works great for me for travel. Eventually, when it gets too beat up, I will buy another $10 omega brush to use it with.

BigCabDaddy likes this.
  16. americanshamrock

americanshamrock Let's Make a Deal! Staff Member

My travel brush is an Omega 11047 (badger and boar mix)
    [​IMG]
    Great little inexpensive brush that fits inside a pill bottle.
    [​IMG]

17. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

It was a Burma Shave, for about 6 months. Soft, lathered great, little shedding. Then, the knot fell apart one day. It was a sad day. So, now it's my Semogue 1305, and 1800. They both feel and perform the same to me. I travel with what I use, everyday.

18. gregkw1

gregkw1 Well-Known Member

I travel with the satin tip synthetic black either Wilkinson Sword shave soap or Arko and I never leave home without my Phoenix accoutrement double open comb 4 piece travel edition

19. gregkw1

gregkw1 Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Halvor and obturador like this.
  20. SpeedyPC

G'day all,

Okay change of plan I now got myself a Omega Hi-Brush Series Synthetic fiber hair and I've got a brush container that's fit perfectly for my new travel brush

Thanks all for your help

Cheers ;)