What is your favourite Unscented soap?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Rusty blade, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

I have recently made the switch to Unscented soaps after a long run with scented soaps and creams. I found that I got bored with the scent of a soap long before I got bored with the shave it provided. With unscented products I just enjoy the shave more. I am looking for suggestions for your favourite Unscented soap.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    Screwtape likes this.
  2. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I only have one so it must be my favorite
    VanDerHagen Luxury

Hard to beat it for the money plus I can pick it up locally in my area at several stores

Frijolero and Rusty blade like this.
  3. pisces_0

pisces_0 Well-Known Member

Williams.

Hands down, my favorite unscented soap.

Let the dissenters emerge... :p

4. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I've used the unscented version of Mike's Natural Soap, and I really like it - great all-around performance and skin conditioning.

5. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

I have sensitivities to some scents, so to be on the safe side, I avoid the really "complex" or "layered" fancy artisans scents and actually bought unscented soaps for awhile.

I have the following unscented or very lightly "soap" scented soaps and creams. All have been good enough to stay in my inventory:

Haslinger Schafmilch - not officially unscented but basically just a soap with no specific scent ingredients.
    Institute Karitie - same. A shea butter product with no scents added.
    Williams - a classic commercial soap from the "soap is soap" era.
    MWF - same.
    ProRaso White - the "sensitive" ProRaso soap and has no particular scent.
    Soap Commander Integrity - their specifically unscented soap has the performance but no smell.
    Stirling Naked and Smooth - all the Stirling performance and no scent.
    TSD Unscented - great soap assuming the TSD Shop is still selling soap...
    Valobra Unscented - Valobra makes soap for a lot of brands and does a good job. This one smells a bit of the tallow though.

Plus Simpsons Unscented cream - good performance, no smell.

A few of the commercial drugstore creams have no particular scents added either and don't really smell much. In particular, I don't remember much scent from the Nivea or Palmolive creams.

Frijolero likes this.