What Straight Razor Did You Use Today?

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by lindyhopper66, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Steve56

Steve56 Hone Hoarder

There’s nothing like using your favorite razor that you have the hots for!

TestDepth and Karl G like this.
  2. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Thanks guys - I think of it as my razor equivalent of
    [​IMG]

:happy102:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    Billyfergie and TestDepth like this.
  3. Steve56

Steve56 Hone Hoarder

Scheön Burg frame back, I’ve been playing with a newly minted Pierre La Lune the past couple of days. The La Lune edges give me a shave that ‘lasts’ a long time, I did not have much stubble from yesterday morning’s shave until this morning! Those edges are very sharp and smooth, but aggressive it seems.

So I refinished it with a fine piece of Nakayama kiita, et voilá a buttery smooth edge. Soap and AS were Czech and Speake 88.

E41AEAE4-A2BE-4AC8-A303-BF87DD28FEBE.jpeg

4. Steve56

Steve56 Hone Hoarder

Thank you TSD!

TestDepth and Karl G like this.
  5. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

Billyfergie, TestDepth and Karl G like this.
  6. lottenhem

lottenhem Well-Known Member

Thursday morning shave, Rabinor Tagore Nobel Preis, Solingen. The Travel Tooth brush envelope razor.
    [​IMG]

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

7. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Well that’s new one on me - thanks for sharing it Hans. :happy088: Now, if only that was a 7/8 or better :rofl:

8. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

:happy093:
    Have I ever said how much I like this thread?? This thread has helped usher me into Straight Razors, and has helps with learning to master them. Thanks to all the guys who contribute this thread. :eatdrink047:

9. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    SOTD

Kikuboshi Feon 1070
    Kanayama leather
    MdC
    ShaveMac 26mm
    Cool Water

[​IMG]

Look what stepped outta the trees while I was making coffee after the shave, I expect to see calves soon too

[​IMG]

10. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Very nice to have order restored, the disturbance in the force was strong last night :yoda

:rofl:

11. lottenhem

Well, it’s a 11/16 or 18mm to be precise… 11/16 is 17.4625mm. The world would be a better place with the Metric system, but less confusing

12. lottenhem

Nice view! Here is the view from my entrance door. A part of the garden, 6188 square meters or 66582,88 square feet or 1,529 Acres
    [​IMG]

13. Steve56

Steve56 Hone Hoarder

Very nice Glen, I live in a city (Knoxville), and occasionally we have a bear or two or a deer wander through. The bears are on their way somewhere no doubt, but they sure cause a stir!

Billyfergie, TestDepth and Karl G like this.
  14. Steve56

Steve56 Hone Hoarder

Beautiful view Hans!

15. lottenhem

Thanks Steve! About 4.000 square meters to cut with the lawn mower.. So like a decent razor you have to have a decent lawn mower.
    [​IMG]

16. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

The tool and die companies would love it, the US manufacturers not so much. :chores016:

It would be simpler for sure but where’s the romance is obsessing over a 25.4 mm blade? :happy097:

Billyfergie, lottenhem and TestDepth like this.
  17. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, here in Florida…

A3816187-CE6F-4F6B-AA60-0B5C42EDC920.jpeg

Keithmax, Steve56, DaltonGang and 3 others like this.
  18. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor

No doubt, I shifted to a ZTM about 6 years ago I actually mow about 2 acres around the house
    I had a 42" Garden Tractor and it would take me about 3 hours to do it all, with a 42" ZTM I can do slightly more in less than 1 1/2 hours... Just no wasted time

19. Steve56

Steve56 Hone Hoarder

I’ve been thinking about ZTM Glen, my John Deere L-110 is over 20 years old - my dad bought it! I’ll get through this season then time to catch a sale and upgrade.

Shell 92 Silver Steel by Perfectworks, cream and AS were AdP, the brush is a Rooney copy by @life2short1971

B1986C92-26BE-42DB-822B-E50A3484D7CA.jpeg

20. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

Plant some crops or fruit trees.