What to use for under eyes?

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by ckeskin, Mar 6, 2016.

1. ckeskin

ckeskin Well-Known Member

Hi all,

For years I have tried many creams to wear off the effects of the fatigue and remove the dark circles from around my eyes. Some of these products were better than others. Some didn't work at all. I want to know what products people use here for under eyes.

Robyflexx and Bama Samurai like this.
  2. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Hi! I use unrefined shea butter in the morning after my shave and again at night after washing my face. I try to stay well-hydrated, avoid too much sodium in my diet, and get a decent amount of sleep.

What have you found to work best?

3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I do the same. I get a lot of grief from my wife ;) while she's taking off her makeup..

4. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Concealer. Yup. It works. If applied correctly, no one knows. Shhhhhhhhhh......

5. ckeskin

ckeskin Well-Known Member

So far the best cream I used was a product of Loreal that worked like a charm. Unfortunately I couldn't find it again and probably Loreal stopped the production. It was a chemical bomb to be honest. Second best is D.R. Harris Clear Eye Gel. Works fine but not great.

Some expensive brands like Shiseido and Biotherm were total disappointments for me.

6. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Arnica gel works well for dark circles as does plenty of water and sleep. Kiel's also makes some good eye products for circles and bags, crows feet, etc.

And... Welcome to TSD!

Those are some beautiful razor pics on your instagram.

Tdmsu, Bama Samurai and Robyflexx like this.
  7. gregkw1

gregkw1 Well-Known Member

I use a couple of things my fiance bought me some eye cream from the Dead Sea I'll post a picture of it tomorrow I also use Nuskin napca and I use Retin A but you need a prescription for the retin-a but it sure removes wrinkles but you won't see any real results for at least 6 months to a year but it works. I've been using napca for many many years now if I get up the courage I will post a picture of my skin. I just turned 62 and people think I'm 35. The second picture was 5 years ago.[​IMG][​IMG]

8. Carbide Mike

Carbide Mike 9 Lives

CLARINS brother, nothing better ! images (1).jpg

9. Bama Samurai

Bags under eyes are actually caused by nasal and sinus congestion restricting blood flow around the eyes.

Sounds weird, but a Neti Pot or similar sinus flush will usually make bags and dark circles simply disappear, by reducing congestion and restoring proper blood flow.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  10. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

11. gregkw1

The best thing for wrinkles are two things NAPCA and Retin-A cream which is only available by prescription

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

12. Carbide Mike

Carbide Mike 9 Lives

I am getting old, wrinkles, not to much on the bags

Bama Samurai likes this.
  13. gregkw1

[​IMG]
    So far so good I think.
    I've been using NAPCA now for years and retina A for about a year and my wrinkles are look pretty good for 62.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Carbide Mike likes this.
  14. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Neti Pot - never used one and shudder at the thought of using one.

Carbide Mike and Bama Samurai like this.
  15. Bama Samurai

Try saline nasal spray then. Honestly, I thought that too at first. It's not as bad as one might expect.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  16. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I've used one for years and they are a big help. Yes, the first couple times are .... weird and you might feel like you just sucked in a bunch of pool water, but you get used to it quickly. I don't even notice anymore. But -- non aerosal -- nasal spray can be a good second as @Bama Samurai mentions. I use the Xlear manual spray while on vacation. It doesn't get "all up in there" as effectively as a neti pot, but it's a good secondary option. The Doctor Neil (?) squeeze bottle is a good option too so long as you are gentle with the squeeze.

You do not want to use any spray that comes in a pressurized can. Due to the pressurization, you can end up with saline spray in your middle ear where it can end up causing infection or (over time) hearing problems.

Tdmsu and Carbide Mike like this.
  17. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

+1
    I think the key here is to keep the area moisturized. Thanks to the folks at TSD I concur with the use of unrefined Shea Butter. A little goes a long way here. It's hard at room temp and soft at body temp without being greasy or shiny like coconut oil.

There are some natural genetic factors for hyper-pigmentation area under eyes.

Here is a good write up with regards to hyper-pigmentation under eyes and some natural remedies.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/a...6/18/what-causes-dark-circles-under-eyes.aspx

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  18. Bodysuit

Bodysuit New Member

Shear butter and coconut oil at separate times.

19. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Oh my God, who dug up the old Stemwad thread?

20. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

It wasn't Jim @RetLEO-07 , it's not old enough. :happy097:

RetLEO-07 and richgem like this.