What to use with Mike's Lemongrass & Euc.

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Puma, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

I'm waiting on some Mike's Lemongrass and Eucalyptus. What AS goes well?

SHAVEWIZARD420 likes this.
  2. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Haven't tried Mike's but considering the name I'd say TSD Lemongrass plus menthol might work.

3. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

I've never used the TSD aftershaves and I haven't been able to find any thoughts on them from members, but I might give it a shot. I'd still like to hear some other thoughts. The eucalyptus made me think of SV Stella, but I would prefer a splash. I think you might be on to something by trying to match the lemongrass.

4. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I can't answer about this scent in particular, but I find the TSD AS to be too notch. I used the alcohol splash, which I find to be nice and soothing. I definitely recommend it.

5. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

How about Osage rub.. or proraso green

6. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

I was thinking the green might be good. I've never used Osage.

Jorvaljr likes this.
  7. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Only problem with the proraso it has no staying power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

True that. Are you saying that Osage does? I've also come across some love for WM Neumann Absolute Zero.

9. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

I have a bottle of WSP Sandalwood aftershave and love it. This is the scent profile for Lee's Vetiver: "A fresh take on vetiver. Our version is clean and refreshing, like fresh cut grass and a cool lemonade. Lemon, florals, sandalwood, patchouli, musk, and vetiver are blended to create this refreshing interpretation." Get it with menthol. What do you think?

10. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

I don't know if this is going to play well, but I ordered up some Executive Man with menthol. I still might grab a bottle of TSD. Someone also suggested Floid Vig, but I don't love the powdery scents. I might try the Black someday. Thanks for the help guys.

11. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Floid Black is my favorite from the Floid line, it almost has some fruity notes to it on a cologne scent base. Not sure if it would be the best match for that particular Mikes soap scent, but if you are someone that likes to match aftershaves, pretty much anything with similar scent notes should work well.

12. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

My experience is once I rinse, apply witch hazel the need for a matching aftershave is mute.

13. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

That is probably true, and yet I still do it (I also don't use witch hazel after my shave). I feel that one exception is Margaritas in the Arctic. The lime scent in the soap is so strong I will only use the MITA aftershave when I use that soap.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  14. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

+1 on the Proraso Green:happy088:

15. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

"moot", just sayin' :)

RaZorBurn123 likes this.