What was your "Workout" today??

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by DaltonGang, Aug 25, 2022.

1. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Well, a couple of weeks ago, I quit the gym, that myself and my family had used for 19 yrs. We joined a nicer one, that cost less, offered much more, and was closer.

Today's Workout
    15 minutes on the Rotating Stairs machine(this one I hate)
    45 minutes Elliptical machine
    Full Back workout
    Triceps

richgem likes this.
  2. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

Getting my Harley home in one piece after it threw the drive belt. One of the tensioners broke! I discovered the axle nut was loose too. First time I didn't get it tight enuff! That bike is a pain to push. Lucky I called a friend with a trailer who saved the day. Sat on roadside for over 2 hours! The belt was not loose!

New parts ordered....the drive belt got chewed up so, new one costs $250. I am replacing both adjusters (tensioners)

No lunch at the Italian restaurant (where I was heading).

I am lucky the wheel didn't lock up. I was rolling at about 55mph.

No riding for about 10 days or so....takes 10 days to get the parts.

I tried pushing the bike a bit and it wiped me out! 600 pound bike.

DSCN9394.JPG DSCN9395.JPG

DaltonGang likes this.
  3. Bax

Bax Well-Known Member

My workout is probably more extensive than most.
    I typed it out and it looked pretty long.
    I'll PM you with the routine.
    :)
    - Bax

DaltonGang likes this.
  4. Hogie

Hogie Well-Known Member

All the other bikes I have ever had used a castellated nut and a cotter pin on the axle. Harley uses an "E" ring that simply keeps the nut from falling off. Harleys vibrate so, not a good idea obviously.

5. DaltonGang

A light workout day Thursday
    45 minutes treadmill. 3.5 mph, at 3% incline.
    Flat Bench 4 sets of 10 reps between 210-280 lbs.
    Incline Bench 4 sets 10 reps between 135-185 lbs.
    Biceps Curls 4 sets of 35-50 lbs.
    Shoulder Flies
    Speed Bag. 15 minutes

6. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

A friend and I met up for a bike ride. I was on my road bike, he was on his mountain bike. Turned out that my road bike is a pretty good "gravel" and off road cruiser. I rode about 17 miles and we enjoyed the scenery.

DaltonGang likes this.
  7. DaltonGang

Just an easy 4 mile walk, after work. Of course it was 93° and humid.

8. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I shot 60 arrows.

9. Bax

Bax Well-Known Member

Just did my regular workout. Elbow's healing, so was able to increase my curl weight to 35 lbs. 50 is still a ways off, I'm afraid... I don't heal as fast as I used to.
    ;-)
    - Bax

DaltonGang and Sara-s like this.
  10. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Up at 3am, out the door at 3:40, 380 mile trip back to NJ after visiting Mom in Maine.
    Currently in Mass.

Tell me a 7 hour drive thru/around Boston, NYC, and North Jersey isn't at least a MENTAL workout! :shocked029:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2022
    DaltonGang and Sara-s like this.
  11. Bax

Bax Well-Known Member

I've commuted in Boston many years ago. Jamaica Plain out to Harvard area. Three traffic circles. Most insane drivers ANYWHERE! I learned that if you're crazy-aggressive, then it all actually works pretty well! Timid drivers cause accidents, and hesitation will get you rear-ended. You just have to remember to change your mentality when it's NOT commuting time. Once I cracked the code, the daily commute through Boston was fine. At least the driving gets calm and relaxed after you hit Topsfield/Danvers area and head North to NH and Maine...
    - Bax

12. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I take 495 around the city, so it isn't too bad.
    The Garden State Parkway and the Cuomo bridge, while still a madhouse, is better than 95 and up and over the G.W.

13. DaltonGang

Stair machine-15 min at 60 steps per minute
    Elliptical machine- 30 min
    Inclined Bench- 4 sets of 10 at 175lbs.
    Flat bench- light weight sets up to 225lbs. (A couple of years ago, 225 was my warm-up. Now I'm trying to not gain too much muscle.
    Shoulder Flies- 8 sets varying weight.
    Speed Bag- 15 minutes.

14. Bax

Bax Well-Known Member

Standard workout day for me. Same one I pm'd Itchy Whiskers about in detail... here's a summary in case other workout addicts are in the forum:
    - chinups (4 sets of 30, different grip each set)
    - delts (3 different exercises, flys to back, straight up, and forward, 3 sets of each, 25 lb dumbbells)
    - Bicep curls (35 lbs working back up to 50 after an injury, 10 reps, 3 sets)
    - Tricep pulldowns (3 sets 10 reps 50lbs)
    - 75 leg lifts with a kick
    - 125 situps (alternating straight, left twist, right twist, to hit the obliques)
    - And finish with a half hour on an elliptical machine (cardio program) while watching old westerns on TV... and sweating like an oldie.
    - Bax