What Would You Wish For?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Gilligan and Walter, Dec 25, 2014.

?

If You Were Granted One Wish?

Poll closed Jan 24, 2015.
  1. Financial Wealth

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Excellent Health

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  3. Immortality

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. Unlimited Knowledge/Intellect

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  5. Other

9 vote(s)
    47.4%
  1. Gilligan and Walter

Gilligan and Walter Active Member

If you were granted one wish, what would you wish for? Please cast your vote.

2. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

if I were smart enough, two thirds of the other things would be within reach.
    brains will make money
    Lord's will for health, but brains will makes healthier choices
    if I were real smart, I could begin to fathom how much the Lord loves us. enough to make a way for us to be with him forever.
    so even if health falters, two out of three ain't bad.

JR Reyes and Gilligan and Walter like this.
  3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Oh, no. Another, "What's your favorite ......?" thread. ;) :D

RaZorBurn123 and GDCarrington like this.
  4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

He has made a way for us to be with Him forever.

GDCarrington and Luziana_Geezer like this.
  5. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I do find the 'unlimited knowledge/intellect' appealing, but then even the wisest of men have their fall.
    Plus, it is often the smart people who lead others astray. ;)

6. Gilligan and Walter

Gilligan and Walter Active Member

Your response would best be categorized under "Other." ;) :D

7. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

How about "world peace"? Yeah. I like that one. :)

Slow Joe and Stubbl E like this.
  8. Stubbl E

Stubbl E Well-Known Member

Too right! I'd have to go with the classics too...peace on earth, that is indeed a good 'un...goodwill among the nations, that would do me as well. Feed the hungry, eliminate poverty ... [​IMG]

Then again, the whole self-aggrandizing ego-centered angle is always a popular one too.

macaronus likes this.
  9. mikewood

mikewood Well-Known Member

I would like the crock of gold.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419561284.837509.jpg

Gilligan and Walter likes this.
  10. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

11. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

Without your health, everything else is worthless........

12. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

I have to be selfish and say I wish I could be healthy again, so I can be the husband and Father I want to be.

13. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

That's not selfish as your wish benefits your family. My prayers are with you.........

Slow Joe likes this.
  14. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Financial Wealth
    Nope. The most important things in life can't be bought.

Excellent Health
    Oh yeah, this one is very important. One could counter that this can be bought with financial wealth, but that is not always the case. Best of all, we can take steps to gain and maintain excellent health, such as exercise, eat right, use common sense and not make excuses as to why we can't or won't.

Immortality
    Hell no! Who wants to be a 900 year old dessicated corpse-like being that is still alive? A nightmarish curse to be sure. And don't assume that immortality means being forever like you were 25 or 30 until the end of time. And to see everyone you love die and feel that pain over and over and over again forever.

Unlimited Knowledge/Intellect
    Well, that could be very useful indeed. Find a cure for cancer, do incredible things to end global poverty, build a better mousetrap. Of course, you would be surrounded by fools and there is no guarantee that unlimited knowledge would translate to happiness, wealth or good health. Even if one knew how to do incredible things, that is not the same as actually getting them done. Also, unlimited knowledge would lead one to know the horrors of the world in intricate detail as well as the beneficial things. You figured out the government in a certain country is gong to launch a nuclear attack in 10 years 3 months and 5 days on the dot? Yeah right, try to get anyone to believe you. Would that ever be frustrating.

Be careful what you wish for. God might grant your request.

Or put another way:

"They say be careful what you wish for but I often say be certain what you are working for. Have a vision and have a plan."

It's all up to you. Wondering what you would wish for is ultimately irrelevant. What happens to your life, the pain and happiness you experience, is determined in large part by the choices you make. In light of that, here is my vote:

Other
    I would wish to be able to always make good choices in life, no matter what the circumstances. That would help maximize the possibility of having financial wealth, excellent health and great knowledge. It would also maximize the chances of having wisdom and happiness.

15. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

I don't tamper with the Universe.