Whats a good post shave moisturizer for SUMMER? (lightweight)

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by tazorac, May 20, 2022.

1. tazorac

tazorac Active Member

I recently started shaving with a SHAVETTE, which leaves me with somewhat dry skin, a problem that I've never had my whole life. I was using NIVEA POST SHAVE BALM, and its a little too heavy for the summer heat.

Any suggestions on a good light weight moisturizer for warm weather?

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  2. ewk

ewk Well-Known Member

Plain ol' aloe vera is inexpensive and effective for me (year round actually).

Screwtape, Hogie, MR41 and 2 others like this.
  3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Maybe cut your Nivea with a bit of witch hazel?
    A small dollop of cream in your palm, add a splash of WH, rub hand together, apply.
    Just a thought.

Screwtape, PLANofMAN, Enrico and 2 others like this.
  4. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Grab a bottle of Lucky Tiger. Very soothing, moisturizing, and no alcohol burn.

PLANofMAN, MR41, VerbaVolant and 2 others like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

i like the nivea cool kick. but just tried the gillette labs post shave moisturizer in the small tin.super fast absorbing little to no scent,works really well.clarins balm is nice also.

Screwtape, MR41 and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  6. VerbaVolant

VerbaVolant Active Member

Another vote for Lucky Tiger.
    Omega aftershave balm, if you like eucalyptus. I used several bottles over the years and I remember being light. It also has allantoin, the secret ingredient for a great balm.
    RazoRock King Louis lavender aftershave. Excellent aftershave, in my opinion, especially if you store it in the fridge between shaves. A little goes a long way (it can leave an oily skin if too much is applied). Having all natural ingredients it will go bad if not store properly, or stored for long periods of time after opening. Do't ask how I know. Oh, one more thing, you have to shake it before use and the ingredients will separate. Excellent summer aftershave.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  7. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I use just a couple of drops of glycerin in some of my aftershaves, that don't contain a moisturiser. I've been doing this for years.
    I've even made a light aftershave, using 1/4 Witch Hazel, 3/4 190 Grain Alcohol, and a few drops of Sandalwood essential oil. How much scented oil is subjective.

Hogie, Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  8. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I have always liked the Proraso Unscented ASB.

9. tazorac

tazorac Active Member

Thanks for the suggestions, I've used LUCKY TIGER in the past and forget all about it, I have a bottle of Proraso ASB that I have to find somewhere around my house as well

10. Gairdner

Gairdner Well-Known Member

I’ve recently discovered 3P Pre/Post Shave Balm and find it excellent. Little goes a long way plus it has a nice soothing and cooling menthol addition. It absorbs quickly and leaves your face smooth, cool and hydrated. Lots of nice natural oils plus camphor. It’s inexpensive and works well as preshave too but it’s the post shave care that really does it for me. Yellow and red tub, can’t miss it.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  11. tazorac

tazorac Active Member

3P is that the stuff with the red top and yellow jar?

Gairdner likes this.
  12. Gairdner

Gairdner Well-Known Member

Indeed it is, excellent product for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I have tried around 4 different balms or moisturizers and find CeraVe moisturizer is superior to most balms because it has the Hyaluronic acid put in the formula that makes it work very well IMO. Nivea sensitive balm works also and they have a few new ones out also of lately I noticed but not in Canada yet.