what's everyone's thoughs on Palmolive For Men Classic Palm Extract Shave Cream

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by gadabout, Apr 26, 2015.

1. gadabout

gadabout Well-Known Member

I bought some a couple of months ago and have used it a few times with widely varying results. I was about to write it off, but this morning's shave was so nice. I think the trick is to start out with a little more of it than you would use with say TOBS.

The scent is very light. So light, that it's hard for me to even describe it.

Troy M, Norcalnewb and crackstar like this.
  2. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Clean and with a bit of an "Irish Spring" type of scent.

Norcalnewb likes this.
  3. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Palmolive Classic is excellent! I have both Shave Sticks and tube. Rich, slick, and cool lather with good moisturizing. :happy088::happy088:

Norcalnewb likes this.
  4. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

I agree that you need a little more product. Not a bad cream but I am gravitating more towards soap lately.

5. SmurfK

SmurfK Member

My thoughts about Palmolive Classic shaving cream are pretty straight forward: BEST. CREAM. EVER!

The scent, for me, is the best scent i would think about. A little menthol and eucalyptus, no floral craziness going on, and it's not strong, so you can feel it if you want to, but it won't scream at you. Just perfect.

Now, the lathering might be a bit tricky on fist try. It's a cream that needs a lot of water. I actually use less product on Palmolive, as it's pretty dense and effective. Once you got the water going on, you produce enough lather for 3-4 passes with less than an "almond-size" drop of product. The thing is to keep adding water, or else it will be too dry and, indeed, you will use more product and it won't be slick enough either. I think that's other thing that i love about this cream, it's not so straight forward, it's like is telling me "hey mate, take your time, enjoy yourself, add more water from time to time and rub that soft brush around your face, you will like it!".

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
    crackstar and Norcalnewb like this.
  6. jmsodpc

jmsodpc Well-Known Member

I really like this cream. Works well and Is a bargain price.

Norcalnewb likes this.
  7. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

For the price it is hard to beat. I love it, in fact I used it this morning. I love the scent, as it is just so familiar to me. I think it performs as well as just about anything else I have.

8. Cap7597

Cap7597 Well-Known Member

Palmolive cream is great. I've heard that they are going to stop making it though.

9. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

I've only tried the stick and it's a fantastic soap that gives me great shaves!

10. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

I have both the cream and stick, and they both perform pretty darn good. It's definitely a keeper

11. Grick

Grick Active Member

An "almond size"? I need about an inch.
    Anyway, it's the best shaving cream value for your money wise. Excellent shaves, great lubrication.....Try and find the mentholated version from Italy. :Animatedfrozensmily: You're gonna love it.

12. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

it is a very nice, cool, shave

13. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I think it is always a good idea to really give a product a few chances because sometimes u have to dial in a soap/cream or get the correct pressure for a certain blade to get the best results.

DEfettish and Grick like this.
  14. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

Royalshave has palmolive shave cream on sale for 4.95.

15. argus

argus enjoys hairy lady legs

It's not a bad cream but it gets outclassed by Proraso and Arko creams

16. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

I had so mixed, mostly bad, results with Palmolive cream that I pif'ed it. I know it gets a lot love, but I didn't feel it. Other creams perform excellent everytime, so I didn't bother more with it.