What's in your cup or mug

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by gorgo2, Jan 22, 2016.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

For breakfast it was a tasty blend of Kona and Maj. Dickison's. Now that a cold gray day of sleet has settled in, it's Twinings Earl Grey right out of the whistler.

BigCabDaddy likes this.
  2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Empty at the moment. :(

But, it had been French Press brewed Sumatra Mandheling from a local roaster/grinder.

BigCabDaddy likes this.
  3. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Keurig-brewed mug of the Major (Peet's). Time for a refill!
    mug of peets.JPG

4. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

I guess I'm in a rut. Just plain ole Folgers. But I do occasionally when I'm feeling froggy switch up my cup.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
    Herm2502 likes this.
  5. richgem

I prefer their "House Blend," but Peet's is good (if a little pricey) coffee. :drool::eatdrink013:

6. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

Homemade chicken soup. Down with a bad cold.

... ...
    wine-3.GIF
    Don

7. richgem

Yum! Try just a touch of yellow curry paste (or powder) in it for a real treat.

Bama Samurai and Dzia Dzia like this.
  8. Dzia Dzia

I like curry. SWMBO does not. I'll try in my cup. Hope I can taste anything.
    Thanks!

Don

PLANofMAN and richgem like this.
  9. richgem

Just keep adding curry until you taste something... or your face melts off... :eek:

PLANofMAN and Dzia Dzia like this.
  10. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    The girlfriend decided she wanted to bring over her new Keurig 2.0 to replace my "vintage" fully operational death star keurig 1.0.

I'd picked up a 'freedom' clip in anticipation of owning one of these DRM monstrosities someday. Of course, it's packed away somewhere, and I had no clue where. In anticipation of being cut off from my daily intake of Peet's Sumata in a Solofill 3 reusable k-cup, I turned to YouTube in desperation.

She watched in horror as I proceeded to clip a wire and remove an unnecessary component, followed by a quick solder (probably unnecessary, but I am a welder...) and shrinkwrap. Her dismay turned to delight as I showed her the fully unlocked menu and DRM free Keurig 2.0.

I now enjoy a 12oz. cup (brewed on the strong setting) of my heavenly brew, rather than the former 9oz. my aging 1.0 put out.

If you are reasonably mechanically inclined, an own a Keurig 2.0, you owe it to yourself to make this modification.
    You can also use a magnet to unlock the full menu, but I figured, "why bother...if you are going to do something, do it right the first time."

Edit: the green wire is bundled in with the others, but there is enough slack to pull it out an inch or two. Just enough to not risk cutting any other wire.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  11. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

I've heard that honey, whiskey and lemon will help. But go easy on the honey and lemon. Hope you feel better.

Dzia Dzia and PLANofMAN like this.
  12. Herm2502

Cup? I don't have no cup I don't need no stinking cup[​IMG]

13. Dzia Dzia

I was thinking Mojito. Isn't that spanglish for feel better? It's got lime for vitamin C, mint for soothing the stomach, Rum for sleep.

Don

PLANofMAN and Herm2502 like this.
  14. Herm2502

Yep vitamins are good. Oh yeah, so is rum.

15. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

The Major does brew a pretty good cuppa coffee.

16. whiteboy_cannon

whiteboy_cannon Well-Known Member

I actually love Folgers. I like it simple. If I want something fancy I'll go to my local coffee shop (who roast all their own beans on site)

17. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Lately, I have been making French press coffee, using Seattle's Best Medium.

18. 211bma

211bma Active Member

I drank some Guatemala Huehuetenango Xinabajul peaberry I roasted six days ago. I brewed it in my CONA siphon brewer. Guatemala is probably my favorite coffee growing region in the world.

19. TCBENNETT55

TCBENNETT55 Active Member

Kona blend or Folgers, black with a bit of sugar in a Navy mug.

20. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

wow-The Major in an Old Spice mug! Can't beat that.