What's in your glass tonight?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Darkbulb, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

:(

2. Halvor

Halvor Well-Known Member

Tonight I will be trying out a new batch (recently picked up a home brewing kit, four of the guys chipping in): Amber Christmas. In other words, and amber ale that is supposed to go well with fatty Christmas food.

Will also bring it tomorrow to the regular boys' pre-Christmas "rakfisk" get-together (fermented trout that in everyday terms is referred to as rotten – or at least well underway. Have a look at wikipedia if you'r curious. Viking food for sure! An acquired taste, admittedly, but to me it tastes great, served with lefse or flatbread, sour cream, onion or leek, beetroot, boiled almond potatoes).

3. Double Edge Dougy

Double Edge Dougy Well-Known Member

Forgive me if this has been discussed or if its old news. Its new to me! Tonight im drinking kirkland signiture (costco brand) light beer. I was shopping at costco cruising the beer section when i came across the costco brand light beer... it was so cheap i had to give it a shot. 21$ for 48 beers!!! Its not too bad, it gets alot of bad reviews, but i think many of those people are focusing on the entire beer spectrum...this has to be ranked within its class. It is in the same mold of coors light, bud light, natural, key stone, Milwaukee, rolling rock etc etc. And in that class it holds its own. So if you need a mowing the lawn, working on your car, fishing or bachelor party ice chest filler than it will fill the need at a spectacular price. Aaaah theres a special place in my heart for cheap beer.

4. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

My favorite beer would be root beer....and I guess my favorite root beer would be without a doubt Henry Weinhard's for a connoisseur Fix... but all the corp. root beers are ok for daily with meals kinda thing...

In my glass tonight? A wee dram of Glenlivet 12...straight up...nothing special but very nice...Have some older Glenfiddich and The Macallen saved for spoiling friends or myself...

Double Edge Dougy likes this.
  5. Double Edge Dougy

Very nice indeed.

6. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

Tonight I have Cherry Pepsi that was on sale. Cheap tastes I know. I'm drinking it on the rocks as it only proper in a cut glass goblet. Fancy.

7. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

Not so much a glass as a glass mug. Italian roast, ground in my Zassenhaus, brewed in my Aeropress.

8. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Kettle One and Grapefruit Juice. Yummy and effective.

Double Edge Dougy and figment714 like this.
  9. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Had a couple of bottles of Abita Brewery's Two Boots Saison at a local Cajun/Creole restaurant. Went great with the fried crawfish tails and chicken and andouille gumbo.
    image.jpg
    Laissez les bons temps rouler!

10. damnitgoose

damnitgoose Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brilliant stout. One of my favorites.

11. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

12. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

Started with a 22oz Double Arrogant Bastard ale followed by a few glasses of Bota Box Cabernet Sauvignon diluted with some Boat Box Chardonnay.

txskimo likes this.
  13. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

The Macallan 12 with my son visiting for Christmas. Cigar too. Good times.

Double Edge Dougy, PLAla and txskimo like this.
  14. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Manhattan Perfect with Bulleit rye, white and red vermouth, and Hella aromatic bitters. Merry Christmas to all!

15. Paul6506

Paul6506 Well-Known Member

Cranberry juice with cranberry vodka and a splash of tonic water over ice.

16. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

We have friends that live in Italy in the summer and here in S Florida in the fall, winter and early spring. Every year she makes us homemade Limoncello. It is so yummy.

... To be continued...
    wine-3.GIF
    Don

Bama Samurai likes this.
  17. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Hard apple cider and coffee.

txskimo and Bama Samurai like this.
  18. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Just cafe au lait with sugar as I smoke a pipe.

Merry Christmas to you!

Darkbulb and Dzia Dzia like this.
  19. Double Edge Dougy

Got some inexpensive barefoot wine. Its doing ok for the price

txskimo and Paul6506 like this.
  20. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

More Gevalia coffee. Really liking this stuff.

Bama Samurai likes this.