What's new in higher end razors?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by droberts0503, May 30, 2019.

1. brit

brit in a box

i have and use mainly vintage british gillettes. but i also like and have the stainless razorock mamba. mild razor available only used at present but a larger gap head /handle is available at present time..i hear the game changer is a nice mild efficient razor as well. all under $100 .i also like the karve razors ,on my list for future purchases..there is also a stainless toggle out soon. janus razors.. very cool but pricey..

Hembree likes this.
  2. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

If you want to try a newer mild razor before buying the purdy expensive metal version of it try the Feather Popular razor. You can get them for $20 or less and if you like it you can upgrade to the metal Feather AS-D2 afterwards. Only thing about the Popular is it may be so mild it may not be a good shave with anything except for a Feather blade. I have one I never use anymore. If you want the Popular pm me and you can keep it including the case and Feather blades that came with the razor.

brit, PLANofMAN and Hembree like this.
  3. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    brit, PLANofMAN and Hembree like this.
  4. Missing Lynx

Missing Lynx Well-Known Member

+1 on the REX Ambassador

brit and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  5. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

I used a Futur exclusively for many years. It's a terrific razor. I've since been using fixed-head DE's and single edge razors (AC style). The Muhle Rocca R96 and the Blackland Dart are two excellent razors. Of the two, I prefer the Rocca. For less money, there are a couple of RazorRock razors that are excellent build quality (SS) that provide great shaves: the Mamba and the Game Changer.

Lots of choices! Happy hunting.

brit and Hembree like this.
  6. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I own 3 "modern DE razors." I'm not an expert. I've been lucky, all three are pretty good razors.
    Double Open Comb (DOC) from PAA
    Blackland Blackbird
    and Rockwell Model T.

7. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I'd put said amount into a saving bond, or buy stock. I have more than enough high-end razors that don't shave as good as my $60 stainless steel razor from RazoRock. Save your money, you'll thank me later.

brit, DesertTime, PLANofMAN and 2 others like this.
  8. Montalvani

Montalvani Well-Known Member

Tatara matsamune

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Hembree likes this.
  9. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Just remember blade gap is only one part of aggressiveness, and I would rate it at the lower end of the importance scale. The Timeless Bronze OC is much more aggressive than the Futur IMO, but the gap is quite a bit less.

Hembree likes this.
  10. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Since they are basically remakes of the vintage razors I would hazard to say not much is new.

brit, Terry and Rob206 like this.