What's the best synthetic brush?

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Straight razor dandy, Jul 7, 2016.

1. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

The Big Bruce is great, but man my JR172 with the black and white knot (tuxedo) is the goods.

2. Bertotrumpet

Bertotrumpet New Member

I haven't tried the new tuxedo knots yet. But I plan on it. There's Wolf Whiskers and Nathan Clark etc, I love the look of their handles. But I look for backbone too, the large knotts have that, not just softness. But I guess the point of the thread is "if money were no object". Everyone can't do that so we stick to the best we can for the money. My opinion it's just like razors, " Is a 200 dollar razor better than a 20-30 dollar razor? " Yes. But is the shave that much better? No.

3. Oasisdave

Oasisdave Active Member; radioactive

The Simpson synthetic knots are very nice as well as the Black Wolf Synthetic from Wolf Whiskers

4. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

After having @Jayaruh make me a brush with a 30mm Tuxedo knot, I'm going with Tuxedo. Really soft tips, dense and plenty of backbone. My other synthetics are good, but the Tuxedo, great.

twhite likes this.
  5. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

Muhle, but I continue to search for a better one. The old HIS was a favorite too but it was a big brush and I shortened them up a bit.

6. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I cannot speak to "best". I can only say that my favorite is the Plisson I bought several years ago. It is my daily driver and is seldom substituted.

twhite likes this.