Whats the word on PAL Injectors?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by sas71, Jul 24, 2010.

1. sas71

sas71 Member

whats the low down on PAL injectors?
    good, bad or ugly?

i saw a few of the pal adj injectors on ebay for descent prices but are they as good as the Schick?

2. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I just picked one up off the bay for under $10 shipped. For that price, I couldn't pass it up. I have heard of issues with bevel on the head being ground incorrectly from the factory so it is a good idea to try and get pics of the head before purchase.

Mine is in good working order, but I have only used it once so far. Aside from the looks which I really like, I like the shave from an older Schick injector better. That may be just because I haven't spent enough time with the PAL. I'm sure others will more experience will be along shortly.

3. Slivovitz

Slivovitz Well-Known Member

I have a Pal Injecto-Matic which I got for $4.58 shipped. It's in excellent condition, and it even came with the case. It's an okay shaver, but I'd rate it below most of my Schicks, kind of mild.

Also I have the Pal adjustable, which cost me rather more. I think the QC issues PanChango mentions have mostly been with this model. Mine works fine, but even cranked up to the maximum, it's not all that aggressive. Others have reported that their's are extremely aggressive, or downright defective. They look great, but I don't know what your probability of getting a good one is.

4. sas71

sas71 Member

sounds like a crap shoot.

5. Tony_B

Tony_B New Member

I got a injector-matic last week and second shave got a BBS, fantastic razor and easy to use.

T

6. Barbarian

Barbarian New Member

I have a Pal adjustable. IMO it is a work of art. Very will made and great looking. Some people have reported some issues with inconsistent blade gaps on the head. I haven't seen that problem personally. Mine is fine.

Shaves mediocre compared to my Schick injectors.