What's your best high end cream?

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Rusty blade, May 30, 2018.

1. brit

brit in a box

saw this out there 2 for the moderm williams set.. s-l225.jpg

Enrico, BigD, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  2. Leclec13

Leclec13 Well-Known Member

I like poraso which most like is not high end.
    The only 2 other creams I have are AOS sandalwood, And Simpsons lavender vetiver.

The simpson’s Wins by a mile (does that count as high end)
    Great lather, Amazing shave feel, love the scent, and left skin super conditioned.

3. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

After many years of using soaps, with only occasional forays into creams, I started playing with creams more. Though I've used only a handful of creams, I usually settled on TOBS. I decided to branch out a bit, mostly due to what I read on this thread.

I just had my first shave with Castle Forbes. I was expecting a lot, and I wasn't disappointed. CF is pretty amazing. I just touched my dampened brush tips to cream left on the newly opened lid. I could barely notice cream on the very tips of my brush. That small amount produced an abundance of thick, cushioning, slick lather. You can even feel the slickness of the lather going on, before a blade even comes close to your face.

I'm not much into scents (a lifetime of allergies and nasal sprays have ruined my nose), but the lime scent was strong, even for me, and pleasant.

Altogether a terrific shave.

So, as Castle Forbes is my only "high-end" cream, I have to say it's my favorite. And, considering the minute amount required for a multipass shave, the $35 I spent seems reasonable.

Frijolero and brit like this.
  4. Z-2

Z-2 Well-Known Member

Tabac hands down

Ijustmissedthe50s, brit and Frijolero like this.
  5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

My favorite high end shaving cream .....

barbasollarge.jpg

What can I say? It's the only can shaving cream I'll use, because it works great!

:eatdrink013:

Keithmax, Screwtape, brit and 4 others like this.
  6. Carson West

Carson West Well-Known Member

I feel a bit funny about answering a question asked a year ago, but I think Taylor of Old Bond Street makes superb creams. A little goes a long way, they provide ample cushion and slickness, they don't dissipate quickly, and they smell great. What's not to like?

Enrico, johnnyflake and brit like this.