What's your coffee this morning

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by gorgo2, Apr 15, 2018.

1. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

Instant.

*gets coat*

2. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Espresso made with Cafe Bustelo this morning. Quick and easy to make, and plenty of caffeine.

3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Revv No Surrender.

4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

But which one. Not all are the same. Cafe Bustelo instant is not bad actually. I also like the Nescafe dark roast.

Shaver X and brit like this.
  5. BlueShaver

6. BlueShaver

[​IMG]

wristwatchb and brit like this.
  7. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Looks fancy...

brit likes this.
  8. Laird

Laird Well-Known Member

Starbucks French Roast beans ground in a $20.00 blade grinder. Melitta style ceramic cone filter kitchen kettle pour over. Black. Yum. Wakey-Wakey.

9. brit

brit in a box

old fogies classic..

10. BlueShaver

What did old fogies drink ?

Wasn't instant coffee invented in the 60's by Nescafe?

brit likes this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

download (3).jpg

12. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Shaver X and Edison Carter like this.
  13. Ursa

Ursa Well-Known Member

My Gramma used to drink instant Sanka, which was introduced to the USA in 1923.

Instant coffee was invented in England in 1771, and was first made in the USA in 1851.

brit and BlueShaver like this.
  14. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Well-Known Member

My grinder died on me so until the replacement motor arrives and I can install it, I'm drinking K Cups of Donut Shop Coffee. It's actually pretty good stuff.

jmudrick and brit like this.
  15. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

What is this motor thing of which you speak ?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

MntnMan62 and brit like this.
  16. MntnMan62

I have a Baratza Virtuoso that I use exclusively for french press. I bought it back in early 2016. The other day I was grinding about 45 grams for coffee for my son and I and at about 40 grams it started to stutter and slow and then just stopped. I cleaned out the hopper and checked some other things but couldn't get it to work. I emailed Baratza support and less than 30 minutes later I had a response with a list of things to try. I did as suggested and let him know the results. He said it sounds like the motor and said he'd send me one free of charge if I thought I could handle the installation. I watched the video he sent me and thought I could handle that job since it didn't involve any electrical soldering. Just take out the old, insert the new and plug it in and put all back together. I should have the motor Tomorrow.

Edison Carter likes this.
  17. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Well that's great service .

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

MntnMan62 and brit like this.
  18. MntnMan62

It really is. While I'm not happy that my 3 1/2 year old grinder frizzed out on me after fairly light use during that time (I may only grind coffee on 3 or 4 mornings a week and about 20 grams at that), I'm thrilled with how they handled my inquiry. The way I see it, they are probably not making their own motors so when a motor goes, it's probably some other vendor's motor that went. And stuff like this happens. Can I find another grinder that might be more reliable? Probably. But not one with the quality of grind the this one has at the price point. I paid $220 for it. I'd get their Vario if I ever bought an espresso machine.

brit likes this.
  19. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

1850 Folgers Dark Roast

20. Laird

Laird Well-Known Member

A 50/50 blend of Lavazza Italian Roast and Starbucks French Roast beans ground together and brewed in my ceramic Melitta cone filter pour-over. Yep.