What's your favorite?

Discussion in 'Women's Shaving' started by Eva_d, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Eva_d

Eva_d Active Member

Hey girls, newbie here! Just ordered my first razor this morning and I'm absolutely clueless as to what blades to begin with. I know that the choice is very individual so if I could just get your favorites I'll choose a couple of those to start with. Also, I'd love to know why that blade is your favorite and what blades you hate. Looking forward to your opinions

Ceferguson likes this.
  2. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Hi and welcome.
    I'd very much recommend heading over to TryABlade and pick up a bunch of different blades - you can create your own sample bag there for a very low cost.
    Asking for 'what's your favorite blade' is not going to be very insightful as it seems everyone has their own personal favorite so you'll get as many answers as there are blades :)

Eva_d likes this.
  3. Ceferguson

Ceferguson Well-Known Member

http://www.maggardrazors.com/product/build-your-own-sampler-5-packs-10-off/

This is one place to try, if the hair on your legs is not course and it should not be, then blades people say are mild would still work well for you and be very good fore your skin. My beard is not coarse and I like rapira swedish stainless steel, voskhod, Sputniks. I get them on eBay very cheap but you have to order 100 at a time usually shipped for abot $10 to $12. The voskhod are very smooth and comfortable and so are the sputniks

Eva_d likes this.
  4. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

There is no objective "best blade" for either sex. Getting a sampler of different brands is the only way to find out what will work best for you. (For every person who swears by any brand, you will find someone else who hates it.)

GDCarrington and Eva_d like this.
  5. Eva_d

Eva_d Active Member

That's what I'm learning lol... You guys have provided me with several good links to stores that I can put sample packages together so I can learn which ones I like the best

Sara-s likes this.