What's your shaving product weakness?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by RaZorBurn123, Dec 31, 2014.

1. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

My weakness is aftershave. Not a day goes by that Im not looking at various shaving online retailers looking for something new. I have 6 different ones that I'm watching on eBay, I'll unwatch them ;) now. Oh one can still look:lam:
    What's your shaving product weakness?

2. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

#1 Vintage razors,
    #2 After shave splash/tonic

Not quite shaving but 'grooming':
    #3 I'm on a quest to find the best hair product/pomade/tonic this coming year.

chrisbd, TrentRTR, fimpster and 2 others like this.
  3. Justin Linker

Justin Linker Wetshaving belieber

Shaving soaps. I will buy one and promise myself not to buy more until I use the others up.

Cycle repeats itself tomorrow

4. Justin Linker

Justin Linker Wetshaving belieber

Aftershave is my second. I own enough splashes to open my own fragrance kiosk at the mall.

5. WhiskerWhacker

WhiskerWhacker Well-Known Member

So far it's been razors for me. I have a case of RAD that needs to go away.

chrisbd, BigMark, TrentRTR and 3 others like this.
  6. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

It has been razors and soaps/creams for me, but no more. I've grown old and boring, so now I'm happy and content with what I have, for the moment :) If I should pick one now, I'd say brushes, or cool handles at least.

chrisbd, TrentRTR, fimpster and 2 others like this.
  7. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

1. AS - I walk through every possible drugstore sometimes, I go to barber/beauty supply companies, every online source I have time to look at. I am trying the strategy of try every mass produced pro product or market fave in any country. Good cheap AS is great. Great cheap AS my thing I guess. I favor old school/sandalwood/herbal or menthol products in soap and AS. Honorable to Hair Tonic...same thing really in many ways.

I thought I had SAD. Maybe not. Please refer to item one, it's similar. :)

chrisbd, Derhey, RaZorBurn123 and 2 others like this.
  8. fimpster

fimpster Well-Known Member

For me its been blades. I have around 40 varieties and enough quantity to shave every single day with a fresh blade for the next 3 years. But there are still lots I don't have yet.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
  9. ARGH

ARGH Well-Known Member

Soaps, aftershaves, razors, brushes, strops, scuttles in that order. At least by numbers anyway.

chrisbd, RaZorBurn123 and TrentRTR like this.
  10. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Shaving creams and aftershaves. So many varieties, so few shaves.

11. Gordy

Gordy Well-Known Member

Vintage Gillettes.

12. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

The oldest/most vintage but still usable shaving stuff I happen to find. Which can be literally anything. 1930s Aqua Velva, 1940s carbon blades, 1950s Barbasol cream...you name it, I'll try it at least once.

chrisbd, PLANofMAN, macaronus and 6 others like this.
  13. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

Vintage razors. Gillette's in general as I own 6 but I also have a Schick Krona and I'm considering an SE Gem Featherweight. However, buying an SE will probably take me down an entirely new rabbit hole.........

chrisbd and Douglas Carey like this.
  14. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Vintage straight razors…..Even though I have more than I can keep up with, my eyes are always open for the next big deal. Before I got into SRs, it was definitely soaps...

15. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

Soaps. I continued to purchase soaps, up until yesterday. I pulled the trigger on a final purchase of a brick of Dusy Kabinett to replace the Klar Kabinett I am enjoying now.

16. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

I have been guilty of almost every type of acqusition disorder on my journey. This year I am focused on Soaps and Shaving Pottery..mainly Lather Bowls.

But even after this phase eventually passes,
    I'm always going to enjoy finding vintage razors in the wild...for me there is nothing more exciting.

17. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

I have run the gamut, but after shave is my Achilles heel.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  18. RaZorBurn123

Did you get the one on eBay? Let me know how it is, I'm interested in buying a brick at some point.

Douglas Carey and Troy M like this.
  19. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Kerry, it appears you may have more than one weakness........:rolleyes005: :D

Douglas Carey and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  20. RaZorBurn123

No. :) this soup is really hard to get. I'm not looking for it now :signs002: way down the road..:scared011:2016ish....:shocked003:

Douglas Carey likes this.