When you're sanding a razor...

Discussion in 'Razor Restoration' started by moviemaniac, Jan 21, 2009.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Klaus, I don't know what happened to me, but I'm so scared to shave with a straight razor now. I'm soon going to have cataract surgery on my left eye, so perhaps after that, I'll go back into it, but not before.

2. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Jeff, buddy, I hope the surgery will be a success - you don't know what you're missing :D

3. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Taking out stitches is easy, like Jay said it pinches and tickles. Now putting them with in is an experience I hope never to have to repeat!

I hope you heal up well Klaus. They tell me chicks dig scars.

4. rrp1501

rrp1501 New Member

5. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

I hope not :eek:

With all my shaving ADs and coffee AD on the rise I just don't have any money left for a GF :happy102

6. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Howdy, Vesa!

I've only been out of business for like three or four days until I took the bandages off. The finger's healing just fine but some movements, especially when grabbing stuff cause an extreme blast of pain. Thankfully it only lasts for a coupla seconds...

7. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

That's probably it, yeah :D

8. Truckman

Truckman New Member

haha, my turn. You think, even after reading about your troubles, I would've learned a lesson. Nope. I gotta learn the hard way. Not nearly as bad as your sounded, but probably could've used a few stitches. The pic doesn't show how deep it really went. I superglued it back together once I got the bleeding under control.

Enjoy.....

View attachment 7629

9. j3ckl3r

j3ckl3r New Member

i think its trying to say something

10. Truckman

Truckman New Member

Yeah, it is.... "Dumba$$!" :happy102 :happy102 :happy102

11. JohnInPeoria

JohnInPeoria Member

so.... Barbicide comes before the other steps of restoration?

12. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

Ouch, heal quickly, buddy!

@John: Definitely :D

13. RocketMan

RocketMan Active Member

Oww Owww Owwww!!

Yikes! I wanted to get in a couple of quick TSD threads before heading up to try my first str8 shave. Well, actually, I have to still get a strop for my str8 but yesterday I found NOS blades for a Durham Duplex I picked up. I was pretty nervous thinking about it this morning. Got the blade in place w/o nicking anything but it was making me nervous.

Now!!! Yikes! I think I will not only make sure the styptic is handy - but maybe a huge cloth and a big syringe of superglue!! Oww! When I look at the perty blades it all looks so romantic and fun. Now that I see the bloody bits, owww! (I will be brave and suck it up.....)