Where can I find a Wilkie Stickie?

Discussion in 'Want To Buy' started by lindyhopper66, Mar 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

I've searched through Google and eBay and can't find one Wilkinson Sword Stickie razor listed. I can only find the cheap new "classic" (plastic) Wilkinson Sword. I'm heading out to the antique stores this morning. Are they mainly found in England? I saw an old thread where someone in theshaveden found one in an antique store. You'd think there would be plenty somewhere to be had. Any good leads out there?

2. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Try eBay.Co.UK. I have seen a few on there and if the seller states they only post to England...ask if they will post to they states (or wherever your from). I find that 99% will mail items elsewhere.

lindyhopper66 likes this.
  3. lindyhopper66

4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Apart from the unique handle, can anyone who has used one comment on the shave itself and balance of the thing? I've never had one but I'd imagine it'd feel and shave a lot like a Krona...right? Wrong?

5. lindyhopper66

Luke, I went to ebay uk and found one that no one has bid on and the bidding starts at 1.99 pounds and the auction is over soon. The seller will only ship within Great Britain. I see in old threads that Dreidecker and IamtheJody had one and someone had one he was trying to sell for $325 and one guy found one for one euro in Spain.

6. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

When it comes to razors like that just check the euro sites. I find the prices MUCH better.

7. lindyhopper66

I found one at antiques-atlas for around $143, I believe. I've never ordered further away than Canada, so far and am a little hesitant. I have one ebay from Canada that hasn't shown in 13 days and another that came in 4 days.

8. thevez2

thevez2 uses Gillette's new Tarantula Razor - 8 blades!!

I might be able to help yout out. Check your PM.

9. lindyhopper66

I saw on Amazon that items coming in internationally have a customs' fee. If something is shipped air mail, does someone in the USA halt shipment until a fee is paid? Amazon calculates the fee and adds it to your payment. I don't know how all that works out.

10. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Generally, you won't get hit with US customs fees unless the package is valued at $200 or more.
    Shipments don't get halted until you pay. You get your shipment, and then get an invoice from the courier. At least that is what happened in my one and only experience of getting hit with customs.
    I am not aware of Amazon calculating nor collecting customs fees.

11. lindyhopper66

Thanks for the info.

12. lindyhopper66

The seller in the UK didn't know he had a Sticky. Now that he's changed the title, he will probably get bids.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.