Where Can You Buy A Brush Knot?

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by awake2shave, Jun 19, 2012.

1. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

I have a brush handel in route from :shocked002: ( i will show and tell when it gets here)

I need to start researching 26mm Knots availible.
    I am thinking the best silvertip I can get my hands on but haven't fuly decided on that yet.

Other than the golden nib where is a reputable place or at least a place you have delt with that one could aquire said knot?

Thanks in advance.

-Awake

alpla444 likes this.
  2. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

3. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I have also bought from the same site and was happy with the quality. TGN has several grades of silvertip. I bought a Grade A & it's very nice.

4. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

The Golden Nib (TGN) is pretty much the go-to for knots for most people. In fact, it's the only place I've ever heard of talked about on the different forums. I'm sure there are others though. Just never heard of any others. I have seen knots for sale on eBay before though.

5. newb

newb Resident Newb

Yep, What every one else says. TGN... I've often wondered where they source their knots from? But after seeing their Synthetic knot, I would almost bet they come from Li Ming's factory.. aka Frank..

6. Hirsute

Hirsute Active Member

Whipped Dog also sells nice badger knots, but I don't believe they have any that are 26mm, so TGN is probably your best bet.

7. wlmcad

wlmcad cleaning TSD Route 5

Have you tried TGN synthetic knot? I got an Opal "Pure Nylon" Brush and want to re-knot it. It just seems wrong putting a badger or boar knot in a brush that says "Pure Nylon" on the handle.

8. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

I have yet to try any TGN knots or any badger or synthetic at all I only have 3 boar and 1 vintage horse brush so far.

9. Hanzo

Hanzo Well-Known Member

You can buy knots from Shavemac. I contacted them last year and they replied with a price sheet. The 2011 price for a 26mm is $107.00. Pricey I know but Shavemac is an excellent product.

10. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

PC Woodcraft has knots! I've used him twice and they are comparable to TGN. I don't see 26 mm right now, only 24 mm and 30 mm. He has synthetic too if that is up your alley. One thing I can say about PCW is that I live on the east coast and he is on the west coast.....place the order and it seems like the knot magically shows up in the mail. Super fast shipping both times I used him. TGN is good as mentioned.

Your enroute handle can probably be stepped up to hold a 30.....not that I'm enabling or anything ;)