Where else to get double edge blades

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by pal251, Oct 27, 2008.

1. pal251

pal251 New Member

Where else can I get double edge blades like the feather and wilkinson sword blades besides westcoastshaving?

2. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

all over.
    razorandbrush.com
    the TSD store
    many venders listed in the vendor section

3. JimR

JimR Active Member

I can get you feathers. PM me if you're interested.

4. 1969Fatboy

1969Fatboy New Member

5. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

Other than Tiger blades, I haven't had any "off" brands from www.razorandbrush.com that were brutal. I am currently going through Gio's sample pack #2 in the suggested order. I'm currently on the Crystal Personnas and with the exception of being mauled by a Tiger, none of the blades have been bad. Some are better than others. Some give a closer shave, some are smoother and some last a little longer. So far, I'd consider buying Durasharp Stainless and/or DORCO 300's in bulk, but I'm thinking one of the blades I'm yet to try will be better, as they are know for being the "sharper" blades (yellow 7 o'clocks, Astra, or Feather) and I'm getting increasingly better shaves as I go through the pack. I'm also planning on ordering a pack of Derbies and a pack of DORCO 301s before making a bulk order, as based on my experience so far they may also be great blades for me.

6. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

Giovanni is a great guy to work with. My last shopping experience with him was absolutely great. Give him a call. He will not let you down.

7. dmikel

dmikel New Member

8. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

I thought the tiger blades were pretty decent. Gio did just get a not of new brands in I've never heard of and am pretty interested in trying. I need something to replace my precious irridiums.

9. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I must have had a bad blade. It was so bad I barely finish a single shave with the blade and then had to skip a shave to recover. It was worse than shaving with a Mach 3 :eek:. I'll one more blade when I finish the sample pack, but unless it is worlds better than that first blade, it will be the last Tiger I every use.

10. Dr. Mike

Dr. Mike New Member

I'll also give a boost for Gio at Razorandbrush.com

I was wary of trying him out, based on what I had read at another place, but finally took the plunge when I wanted to buy some harder to find single edge blades. Great service and quick shipping, and he has a lot of nice things. I personally discovered the Astra Superior Platinums thanks to him, and now they are my go to blades. I used to prefer the Crystals, but now am in love with the Astras (I bought 100 of them from a member on that other site who had ordered 1000).

11. JimR

JimR Active Member

I am quickly coming to doubt nearly EVERYTHING I read at "another place." There's some funky stuff going on over there.

Gio seems like a great guy. I talked to him on the phone and he helped me out tons.

12. rbaloha

rbaloha Member

I echo the comments about Gio. An honest and generous provider. (Provides more samples than anticipated with hard to find blades.) Also extremely knowledgeable and ships product the day the order is placed. (Placed an order Friday received it the following Monday.)

13. Island Brian

Island Brian Member

+1 to everything in this post. I was part of the conversation at "another place" to which you refer and I was shocked by the immaturity and baaaaad attitude. Gio also helped me tremendously when I started DE shaving. He is much more interested in finding a good product fit than in selling you $5-$15 worth of blades and having a disappointed customer.

Also - I always found WCS to be a fantastic resource.

14. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    In all fairness, which vendors force products on customers? :confused:

A good vendor wants a happy customer. And forcing products on them probably ain't gonna make for happy customers.

15. Island Brian

Island Brian Member

Well, "force" is not the word I would use. Perhaps "aggressively sell"? Regretably, it does happen. My recent experience was with a vendor that really dialed up the sales pitch on an expensive item I was thinking of buying. After polling TSD community about it, I got some great input and passed. It now appears that the item was not a good seller and that the vendor may have been itching to get rid of their stock.

I am pleased to say that you, of course, have demonstrated the highest integrity and certainly have earned my respect and repeat business! :D

16. texquill

texquill Member

Pauldog (on this forum and on ShaveMyFace) has the best prices for Feather DEs that I've seen. Also, his service and helpfulness are both beyond reproach.

Shoot him a PM for pricing.

Ken

17. Queen of Blades

I didn't mean to make it about me.

In fact, I feel like I fall a bit short of some of our more talked about vendors. While, I do my best to be helpful, I'm such a firm believer in YMMV that I'm not terribly comfortable recommending products over other products.

Not to mention I'm not all that comfortable having people call me to discuss products, as I only have 1 phone, and wouldn't want to change my number because someone is harassing me.

Yeah, I'm a bit cynical, but you would be too, if you'd gotten some of the pm's I've gotten since being involved with wet shaving forums. The number of dr offices I would have to call and update with a new phone number is enough to keep from publishing my number.

Anyway, if I want recommendations on products, I ask the forum members, not the vendors. Less biased in general.

18. JimR

JimR Active Member

I'm sorry to hear about your problems, JoAnna, but I'm sad to say I'm not surprised. And your concerns are perfectly justified. I don't think anyone here expects you to give out your phone number!

I wouldn't say you fall short of other vendors, you provide great service and great products.

19. Island Brian

Island Brian Member

Indeed! And very amiable too, unlike some. Brava, JoAnna. :happy096

Sorry to semi-hijack your post, Pal251.

20. Queen of Blades

Well, thank you, guys. :o

+1 :)