Where is all the positive energy?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Rusty blade, May 25, 2016.

1. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

We all have our sombrero moods...
    [​IMG]

macaronus and RyX like this.
  2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

*ahem* wrong thread. :p

swarden43 likes this.
  3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

What's this about ironing?

[​IMG]

macaronus, Erik Redd and RyX like this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

Isn't that the punch line?
    "Mom takes in ironing, and dad steals! "

Via Kyocera / Tapatalk

richgem likes this.
  5. Erik Redd

*ahem* wrong thread :p

macaronus and richgem like this.
  6. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

Actually, I think I have found the solution...if I pull my top hat down over my ears and eyes I can't read or hear the negativity around me. And the silence and darkness are kind of peaceful.;)

DabblinRazors, macaronus and RyX like this.
  7. RyX

RyX DoH!

Perception depends on where you are looking, and from your location. While electrons travel at the speed of light the information they carry is dated by how far away they originated. I'm finding my appreciation of Delayed Gratification increasing as I age. Twenty years ago a fast paced First Person Shooter video game was the coolest thing ever. These days a reality based Real Time Tracker builds anticipation like I prefer. Perspective?
    Reality Game.gif

Metro likes this.
  8. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

I'm sure you meant photons... ;)

On a similar note, nothing beats the snail pace of Canada Post!

RyX likes this.
  9. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I think the energy left the room when the economy tanked in 08, the banks got all the money and everyone else was left holding the bag. They got bailed out at our expense and everyone else got bupkis. I see resentment over this deal all the time, no one has really been held to account for that mess. The lot of them are still living like kings but should be occupying a bunk in a cell somewhere. This is where the energy went.

10. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Blame the government on that one. After all, they made the rules.
    :chores016:

11. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

The blame certainly can be shared by the government but also by the untethered corporate greed that has become acceptable in this country with no basis in ethics or morals. As long as profits are up there is no problem except for those whose lives are turned upside down and left by the side of the road like so much garbage. It's really amazing how policies and practices have evolved to be at this level of disrespect for the population in general but what is even more disturbing is that no substantial political solutions have addressed these real issues. Just a bunch of talk about nothing. I was once hopeful but now I am doubtful ..........

12. RyX

RyX DoH!

The drift speed through a copper wire ...about a quarter of a millimeter per second. Photons traveling standard fiber-optic cable around 70% of the speed of light through a vacuum.
    I stand corrected! Well, I'm sitting right now, but I'll stand up to refill my glass soon.
    :eatdrink047:

Bama Samurai, Metro and Erik Redd like this.
  13. Erik Redd

Don't stand corrected yet, electrons move faster in a transmission electron microscope
    upload_2016-9-8_21-26-43.png

RyX likes this.
  14. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

Words to live by!

RyX likes this.
  15. RyX

RyX DoH!

But electrons carry a negative charge. We are looking for the "positive energy"? Where are all the positrons? Oh, look here's one!
    Positron.jpg

Metro and Erik Redd like this.
  16. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

It's all fun and games, until, at some insane teravolt level, someone's lite brite accidentally kicks off a variably condensing black hole, accelerating the earth into its demise.

Y'all be careful out there.

RyX, Keithmax and Erik Redd like this.
  17. Erik Redd

18. ohbrian

ohbrian Well-Known Member

I try to stay away from the news as much as possible except for weather and traffic. I do as many positive things and good deeds as I can. I try to remind myself everyday how lucky I am. i.e. there are people in the world who won't eat today but my biggest issue is what to shave with. When I learned to remove points of stress from my life it left me feeling much more positive and happy on a daily basis.

Primotenore, macaronus, RyX and 3 others like this.
  19. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

As if those give you good vibes

20. Metro

Metro Well-Known Member

Two protons walk in a bar. One tells the other:
    -I think I've lost my electron.
    -You think?
    -I mean, I'm positive!