Where to buy blades in the UK (physical store)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Nadav, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Nadav

Nadav New Member

Hi all,

I'm new to wet shaving, but funny enough I got addicted before replacing my first blade! Yesterday evening I got a shave so close that even this morning was closer than any other morning with a gillete catrtige.

Anyway - now that I am addicted, I need to find a solution to get a blade in th UK for when I fly there for a conference: I am taking a carry-on only, so having a blade with me is not an option, also online shops is really not an option either, so I'm looking for a physical store (preferably a chain I can find anywhere) that sells DE blades. Anyone knows?

If it helps, I am landing at London Luton and taking the bus/train to leeds.

Many Thanks, Nadav.

wristwatchb likes this.
  2. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Nadav, welcome to The Shave Den! You're off to a great start, and the shaves will only get better.

Unfortunately, I can't answer your question, but I will watch this thread with interest. Merry Christmas!

3. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Tesco, Asda, or maybe Boots?

Edit: by the way, I have a Gillette G2 (Trac) for carry-on baggage; easy to find cartridges for them.

4. Nate.H01

Nate.H01 Member

If your going to Leeds you should try the Traditional Shaving Company they have a store in Leeds

5. RyX

RyX DoH!

Be careful of those local shops. They are for local people...

6. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Truefitt and Hill will undoubtedly have them. That would be the mecca trip of wet shaving!! Also Taylor of Old Bond Street.

7. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Wilkinsons, and maybe Superdrug are also options that maybe easy to find stores in most area's you would probably be looking at Wilkinson sword, or a generic/store brand really not much choice here in the UK maybe a chemist might carry the odd pack but slim chance of it really.
    Dont forget to get a few Palmolive shave sticks they are only 50p each!!!!

8. Nadav

Nadav New Member

Thank you all for the great advice! I am a bit short in time and as the shops usually close early in the UK, maybe the best idea is to arrange a delivery to my hotel.

Though some of the stores you mentioned seems really nice, maybe I'll get something delivered from there :)