Where to buy Thayer's and Pinaud products locally?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Marverel, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Marverel

Marverel Well-Known Member

Hello TSD ;)

At the moment I'm on vacation in Florida and yesterday I was looking for some shaving related products I can't get in Germany (or which are ridiculously expensive there). But I didn't have any luck in finding either Clubman Special Reserve or Thayer's Aftershave - in fact I haven't seen any Thayer's product so far. I have checked CVS, Walmart and Target and the only thing I was able to find was the standard Clubman AS.

Any advice on where to look? Or do you guys all buy online?

wristwatchb, RyX and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  2. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Try looking for beauty supply or barber supply stores in the area. I would call them first to see if they have anything other than the regular Clubman, but often they carry the other scents as well. Not sure about the Thayer's.

Marverel likes this.
  3. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

I've never seen anything other than regular Clubman in stores. It's one of two aftershaves that's available everywhere alongside Aqua Velva Ice Blue. I've never seen Thayer's in my long life.

Publix might have a decent selection and they have locations all over Florida. If you can't find what you want in Target though, I think that it's pretty unlikely that you'll find it anywhere else. Target has the widest variety of shaving products in my experience but they still don't carry much more than regular Clubman, Aqua Velva, and Gillette aftershaves. If you can find a small mom and pop vitamin shop or pharmacy, there's a chance that they might have Thayer's. Apparently The Vitamin Shoppe carries it but I've never been inside their store.

RetLEO-07 and Marverel like this.
  4. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Just a thought
    Depending upon how long you'll be in the States; it may be cost effective to have Maggards send products to your hotel.

5. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

Our local GNC carries Thayer's. I can't help you with Pinaud, I've never seen it in a store.

Marverel likes this.
  6. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Sally beauty supply I think carries special reserve. Whole Foods / sprouts carry thayers. Personally, Amazon if you have a few days.

Marverel likes this.
  7. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

One time when I was in Florida I contacted @david of central florida and we met in a retail store parking lot and swapped goodies.
    He knows where all the good stuff is ;)

RyX, Marverel and Jorvaljr like this.
  8. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

The Vitamin Shoppe usually has a couple flavors of Thayers. You may find Superior 70 bay rum at some Walgreens or Latin markets. I've also found Lilac Vegetal at Bed Bath & Beyond but only certain stores have a beauty department.
    Independent beauty supply stores are your best shot at finding Clubman, Lustray and Master aftershaves. I've never seen special reserve at Sallys. Maybe someone from FL can chime in with local info.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
    Marverel likes this.
  9. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Our ShopRite, a grocery store, sells both Thayers and Dickenson WH.

Marverel likes this.
  10. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

:signs011:

Marverel likes this.
  11. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

If you can't find locally try ordering some online? Ship to where you are staying, if that's possible.

Marverel likes this.
  12. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

I was going to suggest vitamin / health stores for Thayers. I just found it at my local private-owned vitamin store, along with a small selection of Kiss My Face products.

Marverel likes this.
  13. Marverel

Thanks for all the input guys :happy088:

wristwatchb likes this.
  14. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

there's always @www.clubmanonline.com, as a last resort. But I'd like to see the S.R. in CVS stores, in addition to the Original scent.

Marverel likes this.
  15. David W650

David W650 Active Member

As noted, look at Beauty & Barber supply stores especially locally owned. Granted some will state they are beauty supply but a lot carry barber supplies as a side business.

Also don't pass up "ethnic" etc. supply stores. I found Pinaud Clubman and Lucky Tiger products at prices that are well priced compared to CVS, Walgreens and Sally's.

Marverel likes this.
  16. KAV

KAV Well-Known Member

There's a cuban expatriate company in FL that produces interesting aftershaves. Nationwide 'dollar stores' and any latin market often have Thayers.

Marverel likes this.
  17. Marverel

Found some :happy088:

IMG_20170214_213150.jpg

Apparently I am one of the chosen ;)

18. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Bama Samurai likes this.