Where to find a C&E BBB

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by TeachMe, Jan 2, 2009.

1. TeachMe

TeachMe New Member

I thought I would be buying a C&E BBB as my first brush this weekend but it turns out my local store is out of stock and doesn't know when more are due. The online C&E store is also out of stock. Any ideas on where I might get one? Is there another brush that's the same just rebranded? I'll post in the Classifieds, but I thought I would ask here first in case no one is wanting to part with their brush right now. Thanks.

2. burnWood

burnWood Mizzou Fan, YMMV

Out of stock is out of stock everywhere. you will have to view the classifieds here and see if anyone is getting rid of theirs or post your own interest in obtaining one.

3. joseywales

joseywales Member

If you are located in PA, there is a store that has them. I grabbed one last week.

4. Tommy_C

Tommy_C New Member

I have heard rumors that C&E aren't going to be carrying the BBB anymore. While that is too bad, all is not lost. The BBB is actually made by Edwin Jagger for C&E. I'm pretty sure, as EJ is in the business of making shaving brushes, that they aren't going to stop making them. So you can pick one up from them.

5. mmack66

mmack66 Member

Is it the same as the medium EJ Best Badger Brush on the English Shaving Company website?

6. Tommy_C

Tommy_C New Member

I can't really tell sizes from the website, but the shape and the price looks right. So, yes, I would say that the medium BBB on the EJ website is the exact same as the C&E BBB. It just says EJ instead of C&E.

7. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Not the first time that rumor has been around.

EJ does make the C&E BBB, but the Best Badger EJ sells on their site isn't the same, IMO. I've owned both.

8. burnWood

burnWood Mizzou Fan, YMMV

geez with the panic setting in I might have to sell mine for big profit.

9. PeterS

PeterS Member

JoAnna

How are they different? I can see that handle looks slightly different but does does the hair quality and density differ? Which one would you say is better?

The C&E BBB was my first badger and if I ever replace it I would like the same if possible, I like it that much. Also the UK price of the EJ is much cheaper.

cheers

Pete

10. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Yeah, the knot is the only thing I'm talking about. The EJ was scratchier. It's been awhile since I owned the EJ, so can't really speak to the density question.

I'd say the C&E BBB is better.

11. TeachMe

TeachMe New Member

Well, a short-term shortage was what I originally thought and hoped for but then I also read about them being discontinued. My local store said they haven't had any in six weeks, and I'd like to get started without waiting another six weeks or more. If I don't turn one up soon enough, I'll go another route I suppose and keep an eye out for them. I hear (read) that one cannot have too many brushes (or razors, or blades, or soaps, or creams, or aftershaves, ... :D)

12. Mr. Igg

Mr. Igg New Member

I don't own one (yet...), but if C&E BBBs do become scarce and an EJ version doesn't work for you, you might check out QED's Select Best Brush. It's a few dollars more, but the buzz is that it's also worth it. Those of us who know Charles know he sets high standards for his brushes. I suspect it, or its silvertip sibling, is my next brush.

I'm not sure the brush is posted on QED's website, which is notorious for being awful. The good news is Charles' service is inversely proportional (i.e., stellar). A quick phone call or email will get all the info.

13. Mr. Igg

Mr. Igg New Member

Here's an option to consider...

14. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

Also, the $35 vulfix on classicshaving is a great brush. I've been using it for over a year and love it.

15. JimR

JimR Active Member

I'm pretty sure there's one in the classifieds right now...