Which brush?

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by rickboone, Aug 18, 2009.

1. fozz77

fozz77 New Member

Only 11 days to go man :happy088

2. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

I don't own a Semogue, so can't give a comparison to them, but I'll say both Omega and Vulfix make great boar brushes. I'd lean to recommending an Omega as it was clearly better during the break-in period. Once broke in both brushes are excellent. The Omega has a more dense knot, so has a typical boar feel. The vulfix knot is not so dense and doesn't hold as much lather until it breaks in. It also has a differnt feel in that it's not quite as stiff as most boar brushes, yet still has way more backbone than most badger brushes. Both of these brushes can be found at several sources online.

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

If you haven't made a purchase yet, is there a C&E close to you? The one here in Cherry Hill is closing and had everything at 50% off. C&E is filing Chapter 11. I picked up a brush, several refills of Sandalwood soap and a wooden bowl of Nomad soap (I wish they'd just had the refills - I love the scent of the Nomad!)

4. rickboone

rickboone Member

I was thinking we are still in July. Crap. I gotta find my wife a present. Her birthday is this month.

5. rickboone

rickboone Member

No C&E close to me....really.

There's an outlet where I am vacationing this weekend that I'm going to check out. We'll see how it goes. I will let you know what I find. If I'm not mistaken, doesn't Edwin Jagger make C&E's stuff for them? Brushes anyway?

6. ChemErik

ChemErik Mr. Personality

The brushes only. From my understanding the brushes are rather hit and miss in the stores and the once very popular "C&E BBB" is no longer made for C&E. The same brush can be purchased w/o C&E logo as an Edwin Jagger Medium Best Badger Brush.

7. 1OldGI

1OldGI New Member

+1 I have an Omega boar that I like very much. I too am awaiting the arrival of the Semogue barge at Vintage Scents. Thanks Tieste, for once again enabling my addictions :happy102 I think next month I'll probably pop for a 1305 and a 2000 both exceptional brushes very well spoke of by people whose opinions I respect. To date I have no badger brushes in the fleet and was eyeballing the Tweezerman until I saw the Semogues.

8. rickboone

rickboone Member

I've heard horror stories of the knots falling out of those Tweezerman brushes.

9. fozz77

fozz77 New Member

They are worth the wait, you will not be disappointed!

10. Hogrider

Hogrider Member

Ego Tonsum

I just started using a boar brush, this is an Omega model 21106, ht 135mm and a 28mm knot. I love it, I immediatelly shelved my Vulfix badger and starting using the big boy.

Commuter-one who spends his life In riding to and from his wife. A man who shaves and takes a train. And then rides back to shave again. E.B. White 1929:cool:

11. Sailor

Sailor New Member

I got the travel brush and it is tiny in my giant hands I want a bigger one too but I used it and my nomad shaving cream exploded into lather in less then 20 seconds. So it works well and is much softer then my boar hair brush but being fair it was the cheapest boar hair brush I could find.

12. blacdisco2000

blacdisco2000 Member

Try whit the EJ.

13. Gunky

Gunky Member

I had the C&E $35 badger brush, one of the greatest bruses ever buile like tank, my dad currently uses it