Which Flavor Floris Soap?

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by desmoface, Sep 28, 2007.

?

Which Flavor Floris?

1. JF Soap

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  2. Elite Soap

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Santal Cream

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  1. desmoface

desmoface Active Member

I used this stuff again this morning, I have succumbed. I have been wanting to try a soap, so now's my chance. They make soap in JF and Elite flavors, the cream comes in santal, which I think is my favorite scent, but it doesen't come in soap :(

So, tis my first poll, I'll let you crazy kids choose for me. Keep in mind that I can get JF at about a $12 savings as they have them with imperfect containers. Thanks for any advice.

Steve

2. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

Elite

its the only one Ive tried, so far :o

3. desmoface

desmoface Active Member

Hey Rick, yeah, it does smell good, to be honest, I think I like JF scent the least. I like the santal and the elite is nice too. I will also get the matching aftershave balm. Worse case scenario, I wind up not liking it, I should be able to pawn it off onto some poor soul on the board LOL.

Steve

4. jramire2

jramire2 Member

My vote is JF

I haven't tried the Floris cream yet, but I've tried both the elite and the JF soap. I don't know exactly what I don't like about the elite, but I've decided I really don't care for it. The performance of both soaps is excellent though. But I really really like the scent of the JF much more. IMO Floris performs better than any other hardmill soaps I've tried (Harris, AOS, T&H, Mitchells). I've got a puck of Penhaligons BB on its way to me, we'll see how it stacks up.

I have an extra refill of elite, PM me if you decide on getting some.

5. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

You didn't allow multiple choice, so I couldn't select them all. :rofl

Go for the discounted version, then branch out

6. desmoface

desmoface Active Member

Ok, I took Trader Joe's advice, just placed me bloody order.

JF Shaving Bowl
    97533P $33.75 1 $33.75
    Santal Aftershave Balm
    90632P $42.75 1 $42.75

Now, I'm done spending $, I can't believe how expensive this hobby (is it a hobby?) is. Well, at least I'll smell like James Bond, even if I look like Barney Fife hehe.

Steve

7. Baloosh

Baloosh Duder

Elite is my favorite, followed closely by Santal.

8. desmoface

desmoface Active Member

Hi Baloosh, you know, I actually sniffed em all and liked the santal the best. I found an imperfect container of the JF soap bowl, and the santal after shave balm at Floris.com, saved a couple bucks, took care of me floris fix. I have a feeling this is going to be my daily shave stuff.

Steve

9. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Hobby, yes. Addiction, yes that too :D

Enjoy your stuffs ::

10. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

I voted J.F. but I want them all. ALL! I tell you! I'm sending out the guard badger to steal some from the other medicine cabinets. :D

11. desmoface

desmoface Active Member

Hi ghsdoitall, I was kind of hoping that something would show up in the classifieds section, but it wasn't to be. If the soap is as good as the creams I've tried, I'll be very happy :drool

The force is strong with this Floris stuff.

Steve

12. Lyrt

Lyrt Flash

I have the Elite shaving soap, the JF shave cream and the Santal ASB. My favourite scent is JF. Elite is nice, but in the fougere department, I like Penhaligon’s better. As for the edt, I’m more partial to 89 and 127.

Either way, you won’t be disappointed.

13. desmoface

desmoface Active Member

Hi Lyrt, thanks for the reply. How do you like the santal shave balm?

Steve

14. Lyrt

Lyrt Flash

My skin tends to be oily, so I find the ASB a bit thick and greasy. I always make sure my face is very wet when I use it. However it’s perfect for people with dry skin. I find the scent just blah.

15. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

I see someone is selling a ton of Floris 89 on Ebay starting at $85 for 3.4oz Wonder where they got all that.

16. Lyrt

Lyrt Flash

The seller may very well be Floris USA.

17. jramire2

jramire2 Member

Found you a good deal on Floris soap, most likely a lifetime supply.

on ebay. That is definitely the biggest puck of shaving soap I've ever seen.

Anyone want to do a group buy? :rofl

18. desmoface

desmoface Active Member

I actually saw that while searching for deals on floris soaps..I wouldn't want to use it if I had it, though.

Steve

19. jramire2

jramire2 Member

Because it's old, or because you'd want to keep it as a collectible?

I ask b/c I've got a puck of vintage Yardley and it shaves great. And I've got a tub of Vintage Wrisley and it shaves very well too.

20. desmoface

desmoface Active Member

Because of its potential value as a collectible. Not that I would know if it's worth anything. I would be willing to bet it would provide a great shave.

Steve