Which Schick Ejector is Best?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by johnnyflake, Jan 17, 2019.

1. johnnyflake

johnnyflake Well-Known Member

It's Friday, weeks end so to speak. This week, in addition to the 2 L Schick Razors John B sent to me, I also picked up two other Schick Razors. to add to my personal use collection. If I understand correctly, one is an E2 and one is a G8. Please correct me if I am wrong. They look to be in very good condition and the prices seemed right to me, so I bought them.
    MVC-001S.JPG MVC-002S.JPG MVC-003S.JPG

Frijolero, gorgo2, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  2. johnnyflake

I had a thought, since I will now be hunting for Schick Ejector Razors, can someone point out to me, which are the hardest to find, especially
    in excellent condition. I read somewhere, that the Red Handle Versions are kind of rare. Are there others, I should keep an eye out for?

3. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Injector. INjector. Getting that right will help your eBay search.

Schick D is pretty hard to come by.

johnnyflake likes this.
  4. johnnyflake

Okay, it's Sunday and I have finished my test on the two Schick Razors John B. sent to me. I put new blades in and I hope that I am doing it correctly. I shave twice with each razor, Thursday & Friday with the L1 and the shaves were great, smooth and very close. I could not ask for better. Saturday and this morning, I used the J2, which I must say, is a much milder razor, at least in my opinion. The shave was smooth, but not very close. For me, the L1 is a bit more aggressive and gives a much better shave. I am no expert and far from a seasoned wet shaver, but those are my thoughts, on a very short experience.

John Beeman and jmudrick like this.
  5. barbersurgeon

barbersurgeon Well-Known Member

I like my 66 which is a G I think. Not too rare, but finding a high condition one may take a little searching. I use my hydromatic about as often as the blue handle 66.

johnnyflake likes this.