Whisker Wars-Our opposite passion

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by southernscribbler, Sep 20, 2011.

1. southernscribbler

southernscribbler Well-Known Member

I watched this on IFC yesterday and thought it was pretty cool. These guys seem as passionate about facial hair as we are, but to the opposite, in most cases. Some have some facial flesh to shave. I just wonder if they utilize our form of shaving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfLiZup6PCY

2. Nick A

Nick A Active Member

:rolleyes005:
    Never.....in a million years.........

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I watched the first episode out of curiosity.
    Curiosity satisfied.
    It is pretty cool, though. Having had a handlebar 'stache, I can appreciate the work that goes into grooming the face, especially with THAT much hair.

4. Nick A

Nick A Active Member

Yeah....I thought about growing a moustache several times, never decide to go through with it.

5. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

I had a moustache for over 25 years. I prefer the clean shave look.

6. southernscribbler

southernscribbler Well-Known Member

I had a mustache for years, until I bought my first DE razor. I was wanting all of the facial real estate I could find. I have since grown it back. Way back, I had a full beard, but seriously doubt that I will ever have more than a goatee, especially now that the white whiskers far out number my original color of red.

I just thought it was interesting, the passion that these guys have. It made me think of us here at the Den, and our passion that is a 180 from them. Some of the beards are pretty cool, I must say.

7. Williams Warrior

Williams Warrior Well-Known Member

Some of those handlebars must need a pound of wax to hold em up! I admire the dedication to do something like that, but I'd go crazy.

8. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

So very interesting. I had about 6" of a goatee back about 5 or 6 years ago. I loved that thing....now it'd be all gray, sporadically anyway.

9. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Active Member

I watched the first episode, and that's it for me. I was fascinated by the amount of vicious rivalry, and that seemed to come from the guys with the unshapen, unstyled, simply-hasn't-shaved-in-ten-years beards. They act like doing nothing requires some kind of skill. Stupid, IMO. Cool, though, is the guys with the incredible swirling bars, and the intricately groomed, braided, and shaped beards. The dedication and artistry that goes into that is awesome. But ... I can appreciate it with still pictures and don't have to listen to everyone run their mouths.