Whiskey Stones

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Straight Arrow, Jan 4, 2015.

1. Straight Arrow

Straight Arrow Active Member

My daughter gave me some whiskey stones for Christmas. Small cubes of soapstone that you place in the freezer for a few hours then use them to put a slight chill on your whiskey without diluting the drink. Anyone here tried them?

2. Silverirae

Silverirae Active Member

I have. They work pretty well. They don't over chill your drink either.

3. michaelAD

michaelAD Well-Known Member

I've tried them. They perform as advertised, keeping the whisky chilled without watering it down. They don't seem to scratch the glass at all. It just depends on how you like your dram. Having used them once, I don't know that I'd use them again, but that's just my preference. What are you going to try them with? Hopefully something epic.

4. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Whiskey Stones sounds great. I think i have to buy them too. I only drink Whikey pure. Without ice or anthing. But the stones sounds interesting. Are there different brands or sizes? Never cared about the stones...so sorry for asking maybe a stupid question. ;)

5. Silverirae

Silverirae Active Member

They are largely the same. I always look for ones that have rounded edges that way there are no pointy parts banging into your glass. I usually take my whiskey neat. But I use these for other libations.

6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

May have to get some. I'll repurpose them as Root Beer stones. :eatdrink047:

Spit_Fire, Silverirae and gorgo2 like this.
  7. jwr0201

jwr0201 Active Member

Love them! Slightly chill the spirits, without diluting with melted ice.

8. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

What do you with the stones after using them? Washing under water and then air-drying?