Who do I get mad at?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by JayKay, Mar 4, 2009.

1. JayKay

JayKay 3000 posts and all I got was this lousy title

So I ordered some stuff from Shaving Essentials. They got the shipping address right and sent it out quickly. Everything they did on their side was great. USPS on the other hand royally screwed up. The package was tracked and confirmed delivered. I dont know where though, because I don't have it. I wouldn't trust my neighbors to bring it back if it were dropped off there. If they do have it, maybe they'll drop it off in a week or two. So I hate complaining to places that did a good job, such as S E but who do I speak to to fix a situation like this? My mail man obviously cant read numbers.

2. lamontqsanford

lamontqsanford New Member

This is a long shot but I wonder if there is any chance SE put your label on someone else's package and vise versa. Probably unlikely because they are so top notch but you may contact them and see if that is a possibility.

3. jbcohen

jbcohen New Member

Back at my parents home every day at noon all of the women (since the men were typically at work at the time) got together in the middle of the circle and traded letters and packages that were for other people. It was a real sight to see fourty women and various kids in the circle all handing letters and packages back and forth. So your situation is not unusual at all. I would complain to the post office.

4. lamontqsanford

I just realized how idiotic my post was. If that would have happened you still would have gotten a package. I will now go beat myself in the head for a couple of hours.:angry032

5. JayKay

Thanks Tracy. I give it to them, they are top notch. It says delivered and confirmed and has my city on it. The post office literally a 2 minute walk from my house. It was confirmed and delivered yesterday.

Thats what I have about suburbia. When I lived out in MA in an apartment complex never ever did I get one wrong piece of mail and never ever did I not get something on time. The people actually got out of their truck and spent a while sorting. When they come zipping up my block they could care less.

6. JayKay

Its OK Tracy. I would have been ok if they missaddressed a love note and sent it to me instead of my shaving gear.

7. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I would talk to the postmaster type...

8. MTgrayling

MTgrayling Rocket Man

Get the binoculars out and look for well shaven neighbors!

9. JayKay

They would still have bad shaves. I just orered a big thing of Frasers and some Ogala bay rum to try. They would smell good though.

10. lamontqsanford

I would still contact SE. They may have more pull and get somewhere because they printed the label.

11. JayKay

Thats what I was thinking. But I dont like bothering people who didnt screw up.

12. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Bluemonkey works for the postal system. It is probably his fault. ;) Sorry, no idea who to contact in that situation.

13. lamontqsanford

I can agree with that. Just from my involvement with shipping issues thru UPS and Fedex it always seems to be easier if the actual shipper makes the call.

14. JayKay

Try story. I'll let them in on the shenanagans.

15. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

John is a member here, might be worth shooting him a PM. He is a most helpful gentleman.

16. JayKay

I sent him an email to his GMail account. I know he'll help me sort it out. But I'm craving some bay rum and this is currently no good. Maybe one of my neighbors will turn out to be a normal human being and give it to me in a day or two. But chances are its either being used by somebody else or its sitting in the mail box or trash can.

17. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

That's right, see the power I have? You guys better start being nicer to me! :D

Ugh, I really hate hearing this stuff because it gets ugly and frustrating. I would check with your PO because sometime the carriers get in a hurry and make the wrong scan. He might have meant to scan it as "Notice Left" and not "Delivered" and took it back to the office. Do you have parcel lockers? I have had items delivered that were sitting in the parcel locker and the carrier either forgot to leave the key, or put it in the wrong mailbox.

Try to not get too upset at the carriers. Most of them are very conscientious workers, but if you saw how hard management pushes these guys every day, you would wonder why they don't make more mistakes.

18. lamontqsanford

I knew it. Rick took your package and Iferg's Tabac as well.

19. JayKay

No more parcel lockers or anything. I'm back in the suburbs of NY. It didnt need to be signed for or anything. Just jammed in the mailbox. I'm not mad. I just want my shave cream. Anything else wouldnt really matter. But my shave cream.... FRASERS!

20. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

and if Frasers was in the box, we know it is a big box. ;)