Who got snow Christmas?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by sas71, Dec 30, 2010.

1. sas71

sas71 Member

it started around noon on Christmas and snowed all day and into the night. we got about 4-6 in here in NC. this pic was taken on sunday before it started to melt.

[​IMG]

2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

Does having to scrape ice of my windows count?

3. sas71

sas71 Member

in FL...that counts :happy102

4. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

We got some here in MD but it didn't stick. The two days following though we were forecasted to get 10" and only got about 2.

5. Kyhunter

Kyhunter Active Member

We got about 4 inches here in the far west part of Ky.

6. chadstar

chadstar Member

We didn't get a white Christmas but we did have snow 2 days before which left us white over for Christmas day.

7. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Had about 2 inches on Christmas afternoon and evening.

8. TstebinsB

TstebinsB Active Member

Not on Christmas Day but we got about 14 inches, maybe more, on the 26th. There was a whipping wind too.

9. southernscribbler

southernscribbler Well-Known Member

You sound disappointed?

10. DonR

DonR Active Member

On Christmas Eve last week in my part of Georgia we got just over 2 inches. First time since 1882 Atlanta has had measurable snow on Christmas. Today, New Years Eve, as I type it is 66 degrees and sunny. The only reminder of snow is what's left of the snowman my daughter built last week in our back yard. That is just a big medicine ball sized hunk of snow currently. That too will be gone by tomorrow.

11. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

been running the air conditioner here nearly every day since Christmas day.

wish there was some snow, though

12. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

We got a few more inches on Christmas Day but today it is 36 degrees and melting. Very strange weather pattern for us up here.

13. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I remember back in the late '60s... Dad was stationed at Eilson AFB, Fairbanks, Alaska. He took us around Trick-or-Treating. The snow was deeper than I was tall! I was about 6, then.

14. Oblio13

Oblio13 New Member

All the flights home were cancelled and I got stuck in a hotel for two days. Everyone felt bad for me until they found out it was in Aruba.

15. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Most of our snow is now gone. It became very mild.