Who makes this brush?

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Stroker, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Stroker

Stroker Well-Known Member

Picked up a wooden handled Boar brush in a package deal and need some help. Does anyone know who makes this brush? It's a cheapie but the boar knot does not stink like some cheapie's and it's not sheading at all. I am very rough on the knot when cleaning and drying and it didn't lose any (well only one) bristle during that process. That's not any more than my Omega's and Semogues. At any rate, this is a really nice brush for virtually a freeby. Just wondered who made it to turn others (newbies) onto the manufacturer to pick up a good entry level Boar brush for a reasonable price. Any ideas? :think002:

Badger & Blade 2011.JPG

178-bplatoon likes this.
  2. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

I can't say for certain but the ring around the knot itself looks identical to most Omega boar brushes...but I've never had an Omega that didn't stink to high heaven and back either.

Stroker likes this.
  3. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

They almost look like the handles that you get from the guy on ebay in 3 packs. if it is then some one has thrown there own knot into it.

I wonder where Gary is if anyone knows its him.

GDCarrington and Stroker like this.
  4. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

5. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

not exactly I have seen these sold in 3's on the bay but I was right about Gary to the rescue :D

GDCarrington and Stroker like this.
  6. Stroker

Thanks for the help Guys, you nailed it! The link Gary put up is the brush. Geeze, only $2.50 for this brush! It's actually a really good brush! I'll use it as a travel brush but it's really not bad at all. :thanks:

GDCarrington likes this.
  7. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

$2.50 is a LOT lower than what I was expecting!

Stroker likes this.
  8. Stroker

:signs011:

9. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Hi Stroker, is that a Weber handle? What is the head from?

Stroker likes this.
  10. Stroker

11. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Thats a Beautiful razor with the open comb head! I have the Weber handle hooked to my EJ89, except for the head and price, they could be twins :). Were you able to buy just the Cadet head w/o the handle? I missed the just the head only sale. Would you know if shaveabuck is going to sell just the OC heads again?

Stroker likes this.
  12. Stroker

I'm not sure if they will sell just the OC head seperately again. (They did for a short while but the site doesn't show them anymore.) I got my OC from a Cadet TP-26 razor. The <$25. buck price for the complete razor makes it worth buying the complete razor just to get the OC head. If you order the TP-26 with the OC head you can use the EJ89 head on the Cadet handle put the OC on your Weber and have the best of both worlds. I think the Weber Bulldog handle is the same as the Ikon as well so, both heads and handles should be compatible. :happy088:

13. dougr

dougr Well-Known Member

Great looking iKon Bulldog....I just added an EJ DE 89 head to mine along with a OC New head and a Tech head for rotation.

14. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

15. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I think that Arley may have discussed that with Joe and that the stand alone heads will not be offered, only full razors.

16. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Any new updates on how your new brush is handling Bruce?