Wholly Kaw Fougre Mania

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Preacher, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

Ordered this along with several other soaps from WCS, but had not shaved with it until this morning. I have 3 other WK soaps and consider them top performers, but this new Siero(?) base blows them out of the water! The lather forms easily and is super slick (it was running down my face while being thick). The shave was sublime. If you are hesitating on this soap, DON'T! Just get it. WK has a serious winner on their hands.

2. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

How is the scent? Thanks for the enabling. Lol

3. Preacher

I'm horrible at describing scents, but it is pleasant.

4. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

I also have WK Fougère Mania. It’s is a very slick and thick lather. Creamy buttery look in the container, semi firm. I am primarily straight razor shaving. Works wonderfully, different but better than the older base I have with WK Fougère Bouquet and WK La Fougère Parfaite. As always, excellent WK after shave face feel even with nothing following the shave.

Scent...you can easily pick out a little of the other two WK Fougère aromas, with an added note that’s ‘sweeter, more perfume’. I’ve heard one YouTuber call it Neroli. Never smelled Neroli, can’t comment. What I can compare to is that the Fougère Mania hits my nose like the first two WK Fougères, but with an added small prescence of Tabac Cologne, if you’ve been familiar with that. Hope that helps.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  5. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Neroli is a floral scent with a hint of citrus.

6. Preacher

I have to sheepishly admit that a lot of scents used in soaps I have never smelled. I also don't have a very sophisticated nose. Rarely can I pick out individual scents, so when I smell a soap, I have to either like it or not.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  7. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

Following the Wholly Kaw love for Dragon's Blood, I see two different Siero 2021 bases:
    • Tallow
      Potassium Stearate, Sodium Stearate, Aqua, Donkey Milk, Water Buffalo Milk, Donkey Milk Whey, Water Buffalo Milk Whey, Glycerin, Potassium Tallowate, Sodium Tallowate, Potassium Ricinoleate, Sodium Ricinoleate, Potassium Shea Butterate, Sodium Shea Butterate, Garcinia Indica (Kokum) Butter, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Hydrolyzed Linseed, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Lanolin, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbic Acid
    • Vegan
      Potassium Stearate, Sodium Stearate, Aqua, Glycerin, Potassium Ricinoleate, Sodium Ricinoleate, Potassium Mango Stearate, Sodium Mango Stearate, Potassium Shea Butterate, Sodium Shea Butterate, Garcinia Indica (Kokum) Butter, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Hydrolyzed Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Polyquaternium-10, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Soybean Glycerides, Shea Butter Unsaponifiables, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance

Not easy to understand the differences.
    A visual comparison It's my way to focus.
    [​IMG]

Never triend.
    Not Tallow. Not Vegan.

But reading the INCI, I like more the Vegan.
    In details:
    • more Glycerin
    • deep acting butters
    • higher position
    • Acid Hyaluronic (derivates)

What does your skin feel about?