Whoops

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by oscar11, Jul 8, 2012.

1. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

I thought I'd share my mistakes too. The last cut before the parting tool. I knew better but thought I could get away with it. Gotta have the right tool for the job. Sometimes you get what you deserve, I did.
    [​IMG]
    photo hosting

stonyloam likes this.
  2. wlmcad

wlmcad cleaning TSD Route 5

Ouch!

3. oscar11

If your going to be stupid, you gotta be tough. lol

4. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Well, do you think you could resalavage the knot?

5. oscar11

The knot isn't glued in. I just stuck it in for the pic. I have another piece of wood chucked up, ready to roll.

6. oscar11

GDCarrington likes this.
  7. emmijack

emmijack Well-Known Member

I am interested in getting into wood turning, but don't have a huge budget for a lathe, how would you recommend I proceed, any advice would be greatly appreciated Oscar 11
    Many thanks

8. awake2shave

awake2shave Crazy Sharp Melon Baller

9. stonyloam

stonyloam Well-Known Member

Been there, done that! At least it did not go flying across the room (been there done that too). The finished brush looks nice, like the burn. I usually make the final parting cut with a saw. Coping or miter saw works well for me.
    emmijack: check out the midi lathes here: http://www.pennstateind.com/ Nice little lathe for $300, figure another $200 for tools and accessories and you can make a nice $20 handle LOL .

GDCarrington likes this.
  10. emmijack

emmijack Well-Known Member

I certainly want to get a small lathe, but would like to learn how to turn bowls, spindles etc, as well as having a go at the odd shaving brush, will see how much of a bonus I get at the end of the month!!!

11. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

I like it. Looks great!