Why I love the shave den.

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Veg, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    You forgot HolyRollah for bacon.

And now, @Rusty blade for ice cream. ;)

2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

@Darkbulb isn't very good at sharing tho. :(

3. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Douglas Carey likes this.
  4. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

5. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Plus a good supply of...

th-5.jpg

6. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

We have to maintain the stocks for a certain ...

richgem and Douglas Carey like this.
  7. Jay S

Jay S Active Member

Before I started this DE, soap and brush odyssey, I watched a number of videos, searched and reviewed many websites and came across a Big & Bold forum with 1000's of posts and 100's of new ones every day. I read a lot over there, asked questions and received good advice. I also continued browsing the web for a bit more...

That's how I landed here. I still visit the B&B but I find myself spending a much larger fraction of my online time here than there. I, like many of you, came to feel lost in the sheer bulk of the other forum. Here I seem to get the same quality advice without feeling drowned in the flood of chatter. I can't speak towards any lack of civility or poor attitudes elsewhere as I haven't encountered it but I can say that everyone here makes this a comfortable, welcoming spot to stop and learn a bit. I was even able to find a new-to-me Slim from a member here and prefer it to the razor I started with in June.

Thanks to all at TSD who take the time to help out newbies, share your varied experiences (good and bad), and generally make this forum worthy of being 'the' place to visit for wet shaving discussions.

Enjoy the ride,
    Jay

8. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

9. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

hippiebrian likes this.
  10. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Welcome Jay, glad to have you here.

Bama Samurai and GDCarrington like this.
  11. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Denver

12. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

13. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

That is because "most everywhere else" consists of ad agencies, marketing or special interest groups masquerading as open, neutral forums. Post anything that not favored by the business(es) being advertised or not promoting the revenue stream and BAM! you're banned (and blamed). That does much to devalue the content being presented on such venues, as well as generating conflict. Yet the same people banned from the other places come here, and we find out they are actually helpful, friendly, knowledgeable and community-minded. Which brings us to yet another reason to be here:

The content provided here is particularly useful and informative because it is not subject to conflicts of interest or arbitrary censorship.

Or mathematically:

Top-notch forum setup and administration + excellent moderation + first-rate membership = Fantastic forum

And the cookies, too! Especially the cookies. :)

14. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

There is much to be said for a forum that really is a forum! Well said. Well said indeed! :happy096:

Bama Samurai, mrchick and Shaver X like this.
  15. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Ha that is exactly what happened on one forum :)

Bama Samurai and mrchick like this.
  16. Jostalli

Jostalli Well-Known Member

What is weird is that as I get to know my fellow den mates I tend to picture them as their avatar. Sadly I used my real pic. What you see is what you get. Sorry if these causes anyone any undo stress.

17. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Some switch them around to try to spice it up ...

18. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Coming up "New Avatar November" (NAN)..or...Switch Avatar September (SAS)? :D

macaronus, hippiebrian and Dzia Dzia like this.
  19. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Or "October Avatar Adjustment" (OAA). If we really want to confuse people, I suggest "September Avatar Swap". Who wants this one?
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439779151.234781.jpg

Jostalli and hippiebrian like this.
  20. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Lol that is indeed a funny idea :D

macaronus and mrchick like this.