Wife's First DE Shave

Discussion in 'Women's Shaving' started by Jayaruh, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    My wife usually uses one of those girly razors with the soap built in and a big wide handle. She said the other day that she needed to get a new razor. I ignored her. Today, she mentioned it again, and I said, "You know, I have a lot of razors." Well, she was in the shower and called out to me for a razor. I quickly found my new Baili DE and put a Personna Super blade in it. After she finished her shower, she said how smooth the shave was. She didn't even feel the blade. She was very impressed. We may have a convert. I reminded her that my blades are only about 10 cents each.
    [​IMG]

Baili_03.JPG

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  2. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Great job. Just hide all the carts, and keep handing her the DE razors. You don't want her to backslide.

macaronus and mrchick like this.
  3. RyX

RyX DoH!

Good choice putting a shiny new razor in her possession.
    Mayhap she will ignore all those old "used" (vintage) pieces!

Robyflexx likes this.
  4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Nice! Now make her her own brush an buy her some TSD Rose soap.
    Becky loves her brush and rose soap.

mrchick likes this.
  5. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

Good job!

6. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Your wife is not alone, my wife loves DE shaving.

Robyflexx likes this.
  7. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Great job ! Now she need a lady Gillette. Get her a rose colored one. Buy her a rose scent soap as mentioned above. And make her a custom brush with new purple wood you got. ;)

Dzia Dzia, mrchick and Robyflexx like this.
  8. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Nice improvising. Now while the iron is still hot parlay that into a new razor order for you know who.

jr2 and Robyflexx like this.
  9. jr2

jr2 Active Member

I talked my wife into trying a tech fat handle. We are waiting for it in the post. Can't wait to get her started. Any suggestions on a "mild" blade to go with the already "mild" tech?

10. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

My wife uses an Astra SP, but she's doesn't know that.

BigMike likes this.
  11. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Well Jim will need to replace that razor of course!

12. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I started my fiancée off with Feathers, in the slightly more aggressive Lady Gillette razor. She has tried so far, Astra SP's, Ladas, Polsilver, and Lab Blues.

She keeps going back to Feather blades, and if pushed, will choose Lab Blues as a distant second.

13. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

My GF likes the Lab Blues in her Lady Starburst I got for her and will never go back to disposables. She never had so much smoother shaves with anything else. But one question, besides soaps, are there any good creams made for women that could be recommended? Gotta get some before she uses up my supply of Proraso.

DaltonGang likes this.
  14. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

My wife isn't picky, when it comes to blades, as long as they are sharp. A new one every 2-3 weeks.
    As for creams, my wife doesn't use them. She enjoys her Badger brush, and either stirling soaps or some of the Arko Frankensoaps I make her, scented in Lavender or rose.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  15. shoe13950

shoe13950 Well-Known Member

I believe she would be very happy with Kiss My Face cream.

16. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Soaps and creams don't know the difference between legs or faces, guys or gals.

17. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Other than scent preferences, there is no difference in formulations for men & women. As for scent, certain scents are marketed for a specific gender, but that too, is just a matter of personal likes & dislikes.

18. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself