Wilkinson Razor Blades????

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by fairlite, Jan 7, 2008.

1. fairlite

fairlite New Member

Ok here's a new one. I was in a store call National Wholesale Liquidators and I found some DE blades there. They say Wilkinson Sword on them and in the little print it said made in India. The Cardboard backing is just plan generic yellow. There a 5 per package and they we only .99 cents. I have not opened them yet to have a looksie. Anyone ever come across these in their travels? I do not have access to a scaner but I will see what I cab do for picture. Just curious as to what they are and if they are any good.

Update

The package the blades are in has the Wilkinson Sword logo on it in white the back gound is blue, abouve the logo is a yellow eliptical with the words Special offer. Below the logo there is some Yellow writing in indian letters, on the right side there is a yellow strip about 1/4 inch wide with 'Now Rs. 10/-' in it. On the back it says:

A Gillette Product

Gillette, Wilkinson Sword
    & Crossed Swords device are registered trademarks of The Gillette Company, USA.
    Contents 5 Stainless Blades
    M.R.P Rs. 11.00 (This 11.00 is crossed out with a red X) 10.00
    (Incl. of all taxes)
    PKD. :08/06

On one of the narrow sides that run the length of the pack age it says 'Made in India Gillette India Ltd., Bhiwadi - 301019'

the other side says 'Better Shave Everytime'

Pete

I will have an update to my new aquistions later tonight.

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    $0.20 a blade? Ehhhh.........

Not a great price, but you didn't have to pay shipping.

I think there are different Wilkinson Sword blades out there, so perhaps someone will have a little info on these ones.

3. fairlite

fairlite New Member

I know, I was curious about them that is all and besides after years of paying for Mach3 and Fusion Carts. .20 is nothing. :)

4. Straight Arrow

Straight Arrow Active Member