Wilkinson Sword Blade

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by dadvest, Nov 29, 2011.

1. dadvest

dadvest Active Member

I need some help identifying a Wilkinson Sword Blade I used today. It had the Wilkinson logo on both sides and "Stainless" on one side. On 1 side of the blade was a E and the other had a 4. Can someone direct me as to where this blade was made and where I might find more? I found this to be a very smooth blade for my head while using a Red Tip and even used it for some buffing after a shave with a Feather and a R41.
    As Always... Thanks in advanced!

2. rodd

rodd Knotty Boy

Do you have the wrapper it came in?

3. dadvest

dadvest Active Member

Yes it is a blue wrapper with a red stripe and an advertisement for the vector blade on it. I have another Wilkinson blade that is in a white wrapper with Wilkinson Sword in black letters all over it. That particular blade is marked differently.

4. Jaymo

Jaymo Active Member

Aren't the Vector blades Indian made? If so, that would seem to indicate they're Indian made. Aren't the Indian Wilkies made by Indian Gillette?

5. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Is it this?

[​IMG]

6. dadvest

dadvest Active Member

Yes that is it!

7. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

That one is made in India by Gillette (who holds the Wilkinson Sword Trademark Name in India).

Go to ebay and put this in the search box and search:
    100 ct Gillette WILKINSON SWORD DE Blades Safety Razor

CyanideMetal and dadvest like this.
  8. dadvest

dadvest Active Member

Thank You so very much!

9. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    The same blade used to be sold at Walmart. It didn't have the Wilkinson logo or stainless on the blade but it had the E and the 4. they have replaced it with slightly different packaging and it now has only the Wilkinson logo on both sides. In my opinion, the blades are of comparable quality and for $1.76 for a pack of ten, I stock up.