Wilkinson Sword blades (the German ones)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Jeltz, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Jeltz

Jeltz Well-Known Member

Since production of these switched from England to Germany they don't appear to be as well regarded, but that was before I started using a DE so I never got to try the English ones!

Anyway, these are rapidly becoming my "go to" blade as they are easily available locally, cheap and sharp enough to give me a smooth shave without irritation. I would liken them to Red Personnas, but the thing that I'm finding astounding is that I can get so many shaves out of them!

Most blades I swap out after the 3rd shave as beyond that I get irritation and actually I find Feathers only really do me 2 good shaves. So the last few WS blades I've used I swapped out after shave 3 (out of habit) I had a niggling feeling they would do more, now I've done about the 7th shave with one and its still not pulling. Clearly mileage varies but I'd be interested to hear others opinion of them.

2. greenhorn

greenhorn New Member

I found them to be okay nothing special. I have used 2 packs of them total changing the blade after the third shave. I was kind of turned off to them when I had a dud blade and one with a bad side in my second pack. Everyone's face is different but I have found other blades I like better.

3. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

I found the Wilkinson Sword Black Label and White Label to give rough, irritating shaves. The Wilkinson Sword by Gillette India, on the other hand, were quite good. All were used in a Merkur 34C razor. I have never tried the Wilkinson NOS made in the UK or the Economie.

4. D.irving79

D.irving79 Gemocrat

one of my favorite blades. i get about 9 shaves per.