Wilkinson Sword Classic DE Safety Razor + 5 Wilkinson Blades

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Recklesstr, Nov 18, 2013.

1. Recklesstr

Recklesstr Arkoholic

Hi everyone,
    I bought this safety razor from Metro Grossmarket in Turkey. It has a reasonable price for under 7 dollars. It's exterior body is coated with hard plastic and the inner body is made of chrome. It's a bit heavy but not much. It has a good grip but I'd prefer it with a complete s.s. body.
    Shaving with it is a good feeling. It shaves easily without any nick or burn so it's my favourite razor right now :)
    I've been using yuma for a month or so. After yuma, there is no more minor burns with Wilkinson DE classic safety razor. It shaves like a cartridge shaver, I can close my eyes and shave. Shaving's a piece of cake. It's not aggressive. A mild machine as far as I can say.
    I didn't use the promotional wilkinson blades as I know their fame. I used a Rapira blade and it was a smooth shave. I'll also try Astra and Derby on it later on.
    P.S. : I have to say that I'm a newbie in traditional shaving. You should read my review according to this.
    Here are the pictures:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ArNav

ArNav Member

Just ordered one. Looks nice.

Recklesstr likes this.
  3. Kevin K

Kevin K Well-Known Member

Yep, it's a pretty good shaver. I got mine last year for the forums "cheap shave week" and I like it. It's a regular part of my rotation. It is pretty mild and any blade I use in it performs well. Like you said, no nicks or cuts.

Recklesstr likes this.
  4. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Very modern looking two piece design...I guess I have another razor on the "need to try" list..:)

Recklesstr likes this.
  5. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I have one but never tried it. I'll try it out next.

Recklesstr likes this.
  6. Recklesstr

Recklesstr Arkoholic

You should try this razor out soon. It's cool and comfy.

7. Daytonkb

Daytonkb Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm may have to get me one also I have seen different videos on YouTube of guys using these and they seem to like them a lot.

Recklesstr likes this.