Wilkinson Sword Classic DE

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by jay_gatz, Jul 12, 2021.

1. jay_gatz

jay_gatz Well-Known Member

Anyone try one of the "new" Wilkinson Sword Classic DE TTO razors? Gave one a go this morning, first time I've had weepers in a long time. Maybe it was the black packaged Wilkinson blades? First time using those as well, although I switched to a Bolzano, and seemed to have a similar issue. I would put it a slightly more aggressive than a Gillette SS Red Tip. Jury is still out on this one. Although I have to say, I find it interesting that some of the majors (Gillette, Wilkinson) are getting back in the DE game here in the US. Back in 2009 when I went back to traditional shaving, I never would have predicted that.

Here is the one I am referring to:

wilkinson.jpg

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

i had one and used it twice.passed it along.fine shaver but not a fan of the long handle.:)

jay_gatz and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  3. jay_gatz

That was my biggest complaint so far. That is a loooooong handle!

brit likes this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

yes sir..all my daily drivers (vintage gillettes) have a 3 inch handle..so i may be biased..;).the new King Gillette razor is the same..long handle..

5. jay_gatz

The Gillette Heritage, with the US made handle is not as long a handle, and is available on Amazon again. I actually like that one quite a bit.

brit likes this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

i saw that one.almost bought it a while back.i am glad these new razors are available.the heritage handle is a copy of the 1930's New series handle,which is my least favorite unfortunately,too light/head heavy.i know i am picky..;).enjoying what i have at present.:):eatdrink047:.
    the wilkinson classic is a well built razor and fine shaver.for those starting out or converting from carts which generally have longer handles, any of the 3 razors mentioned here would be a great choice..

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.