Wilkinson Sword Shaving Soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Rusty blade, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

How many times have I been in a drug store or Walmart and seen Wilkinson Sword shaving soap and walked on by. I just intuitively somehow knew it was a terrible soap. Its only $4 and how could a $4 soap be any good. I liked the deep blue flying saucer shaped container, but I never tried it. I have read reviews on this soap and others didn't seem too impressed. So I never bothered with it.

Yesterday I was in Walmart and checked out the shaving aisle as I usually do (just in case something new had been brought into the store and I didn't get the memo). I see Wilkinson Sword shaving soap and something in me just decided to give it a try. I paid my $4 and this morning I gave it a whirl.

And I was surprised. This is a very nice soap. The scent is a clean soap fragrance, mild and not overpowering, and dissipates when you rinse. The soap lathered very easily and it provided a good, thick lubricating lather. Post shave skin feel was fine...not dry or irritating.

I would not say it was a top tiered soap, but for the price, this is a remarkably good product. Why didn't I try this before? Sheesh...sometimes I surprise myself. Never judge a soap by its cover or reputation.

2. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I have the Wilkinson Sword shave stick. Good soap! I agree it's not a top tier product but it gets the job done quite well.

Where do you live? Our area Walmart stores don't have any wet shaving products.

3. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

I wish my Wal-Mart stocked it.I like their blades.

Frijolero likes this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

i have the tub soap and the blue shave stick. i prefer the stick. i used so many of those tubs over the years before de razors, i just like everything else instead. ,tub soap is good, just boring..

Yehuda D and PLAla like this.
  5. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Same here, I'd like to see my Local Walmart carry more traditional shaving gear.

brit and Frijolero like this.
  6. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

The stick is very different (and superior, IMHO) from the flying saucer soap.

Yehuda D and brit like this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

i haven t seen the stick in stores here, just the tub. i got 2 sticks from connaught shaving in england..stick is the best out of the 2

Yehuda D likes this.
  8. CliffDweller

CliffDweller Well-Known Member

Very much agree -- the Wilkinson Sword stick gives a great shave with a really nice, creamy lather, and the price/value ratio is super-high. I only rarely shave with these for whatever reason but am glad to have this in my arsenal.

9. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I have never come across it in any store unfortunately.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

10. ordinaryshaver

Perhaps it is based on where one resides if they carry it or not.

11. ordinaryshaver

So, much to my surprise I went to Walmart online and found that they do have some products for us wet shavers.
    It had 23 pages to sort through and I only got to 3 or 4, but did see quite a bit of "The art of Shaving" as well as Proraso, white, red and green, as well as a shaving brush by Proraso, so perhaps there is hope, still

12. brit

brit in a box

i got the stick just to try and use it rarely , like the scent better as well.

Yehuda D likes this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

i just found 5 packs of wilki blades at my local drugstore.. ,they only had 10 packs before for almost 12 bucks..

Yehuda D likes this.
  14. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

I've got a tub of this on the way. I can't wait to try it.

15. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Yes it is a lot better. I couldn’t agree with you more!

brit likes this.