Wilkinson System II

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by Straight Arrow, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Straight Arrow

Straight Arrow Active Member

I recently found a Trac II handle while cleaning out my parents' house. I won a package of NOS Wilkinson Sword System II cartridges on ebay. Loaded up the Gillette handle with the Wilky cartridge (UK made) and treated myself to some very good shaves. Smooth and close. Comfortable and very satisfying shaves. Almost makes me want to give up DE shaving.......not really! But for a change of pace, I will absolutely return to this setup again in the future.

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Sounds like you enjoyed yourself. ;)

3. haiti222

haiti222 Member

In the '80s, I think Wilkinson was superior to Personna in the US market. I remember they were a stronger #3 at that time. Personna had a lot of store brand sales, but their own brand was not being supported, probably due to the management buyout of the company in 1977. Wilkinson made some great stuff back then......I used both of their two blade systems, tried the Bonded before it was discontinued, and loved the one blade disposable call the Retractor. Just got 5 on ebay...Never liked the Bics, but loved this razor....

4. Straight Arrow

Straight Arrow Active Member

I have a Wilkinson Bonded razor and several replacement cartridges. I find it to be a very good shaver and, like the System II, I enjoy it once in a while as an alternative to DE shaving.

5. Dexterous

Dexterous Member

The Wilkinson Bonded was my favorite razor until it was discontinued. I spent a lot of time haunting Big Lots and dollar stores, buying all the cartridges I could find once they were out of production. I still have the handle and it does take Trac II cartridges, but it's not the same. The bonded cartridge was the best I ever used.

6. Diamondtim

Diamondtim Member

I just bought a lot of DE razors and blades. The guy threw in some Wilkinson Bonded razors and blades, Wilkinson System II razors and blades and the Wilkinson disposables.:D